mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

My Pump Triily: The Trololology

No picks as of yet. None really worth taking at this time; but I have begun to order parts and tore the gun down.

Last night I came up with a descrete trigger stop that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I was tickled with it, and it's super duper easy to do. Since the 3way valve is no longer used, I cut the actuator rod; making the cut in between the two o rings, just right past the closest barbed port with the trigger at rest. I then used a 10-32 tap and threaded the 3way, starting on the barrel side, and stopped midway between the middle port and the one closest to the trigger. By inserting a grub screw, I can limit the amount of trigger travel by way of the actuator rod running into the grub screw. I left the one o ring on to help keep the rod centered, and made sure the threads were shallow enough that they could not destroy the o ring.

Well, lunch is over. I'll share more when I get home from work.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

For what it's worth, here's a pick of the threads in the 3 way. All of it was for not though, as I had purchased a duckbill WGP grip frame, and didn't realize it came with a stop already.

The cut down actuator rod.

Here's somethin I worked on tonight. After reading a few reviews commenting on all the slop that was present between the pump arm and the ram's mount; I decided to make a threaded nylon insert to take up the extra space. I started with a nylon 5/16-18 screw I purchased from McMasterCarr; 1 1/2" long with a 1/2" unthreaded shank.

The unthreaded portion allowed me to use a 5/16-24 dye to cut the correct threads to fit the ram's mount. After screwing the nylon bolt into the ram's mount, I drilled a 7/32" hole through the bolt, and trimmed the bolt down. You may be able to notice that the hole is slightly off center. The rod, when straight, favors the outer edge of the mount; so that is where I drilled the hole.

Here's a pic with the pump arm and rod in place. I'll have to get the bolt and hammer in to check for slop; but I figure this has got to work to some degree. When it was all together, twisting the pump arm would make the rod move all over the place inside of the mount.

That's it for now. Trying to get a dual pump arm setup worked out this moment. I'll post up some more pics as I make progress.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Trying to get a dual pump arm setup worked out this moment. I'll post up some more pics as I make progress.
Check the action before you work too hard on the dual arms. I have a delrin bushing on mine, and the pump stroke runs nicely. I think prefer a bushing in a ram mount over a using a guide rod. However, I'm not one to make a pump handle airtight in the first place.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

The 2nd rod was ordered last Friday; but there will be a bit of time before the back block gets worked on. I like to jump into these things with large financial investments ti kickstart the initial fire to get started on the build.

The lower tube kit has been shipped, so hopefully I'll get a chance at seeing how much smoother the one rod setup is this week.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Lower tube kit came in last night. Haven't had the chance to get he pieces together to check it out.

Question for all you guys. I have enough externally adjustable regs sitting around that I'd like to use for this build; but I keep reading about an adapter that has to be purchased to use a reg. Is this adapter only needed on the Sport model? The regs seem to screw into the asa just fine, is there something I'm missing here?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Lower tube kit came in last night. Haven't had the chance to get he pieces together to check it out.

Question for all you guys. I have enough externally adjustable regs sitting around that I'd like to use for this build; but I keep reading about an adapter that has to be purchased to use a reg. Is this adapter only needed on the Sport model? The regs seem to screw into the asa just fine, is there something I'm missing here?
The only adapter for a reg on a Trilogy would be for the LPR, which is across all models. If somebody says an adapter is needed for the HPR then they are pulling your leg.

EDIT: As for dual pump arms, Sanchez Machine makes a kit for the Trilogy already if you didn't know. I think it's like $70.

Last edited by philosophia; 02-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.
philosophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophia View Post
The only adapter for a reg on a Trilogy would be for the LPR, which is across all models. If somebody says an adapter is needed for the HPR then they are pulling your leg.

EDIT: As for dual pump arms, Sanchez Machine makes a kit for the Trilogy already if you didn't know. I think it's like $70.

Ok, now I dig.

That Sanchez Machine kit is nice. The gun I purchased already had a pump on it, so I was trying to roll with this one.

To be honest, I wish I had started with a Sport to begin with. By the time this is all said and done, there won't be many parts left of the original gun.

Matter of fact, if anyone would like to trade me just bodies, I'll throw in the original frame and the pnumatics that came with the gun. I'd rather have the plain sided Sport or Comp with the straight down asa. I'm not feeling the teardrops on the sides of the body.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP