mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
boo
Banned

I hate this giant feedneck sticking out my micro cocker, what can I do with it?

I haven't decided if i'm getting it reanno'd or not so i'm wondering if theirs a non destructive process. I noticed it's pretty smooth in their where the neck meets the body so i'm guessing banging out and repressing in would need a lot of finishing?

Can I just cut it down and put a clamping feed neck on their? Any way to cut it down and thread it?

I don't have anything special so i'm thinking dremel, file, and hammer fixes. Any ideas? I am a tool whore so if it's something I can buy for under a hundred to do it right I totally would, like a giant angel tap or something. It's going to go between pump and electro depending on my mood so a permanent cram and jam isn't going to do it, but it would be nice to have a temporary one I could attach.
Attached Images

boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

it can be pulled with a gear puller and a chunk of round delrin with minor to no marks around the bottom edge of the feedneck. then you can either press in a new threaded feedneck if you can find one. or have the existing neck milled down for ego feednecks. Super Stanchy and us both offer those services.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

send it to super stanchy or jcurt both on here and have them do a ego feed neck mod. they mill the neck down so a ego feed neck will fit i have a 04 prostock half blocked and ego feed neck all done by jcurt works great
nacho8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho8405 View Post
send it to super stanchy or jcurt both on here and have them do a ego feed neck mod. they mill the neck down so a ego feed neck will fit i have a 04 prostock half blocked and ego feed neck all done by jcurt works great
I actually have one on order from him with a standard cocker threaded feedneck

I was kind of hoping for more of a DIY solution. I heard that airsoldier.com carried angel feedneck taps at one time.

I've got a pipecutter like this, can I use it to cut the neck down or is it going to warp the soft aluminum?

Last edited by boo; 03-07-2013 at 06:05 PM.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHPBOwner View Post
it can be pulled with a gear puller and a chunk of round delrin with minor to no marks around the bottom edge of the feedneck. then you can either press in a new threaded feedneck if you can find one. or have the existing neck milled down for ego feednecks. Super Stanchy and us both offer those services.
The press in threaded feednecks are easy to come by: WGP Autococker Threaded Vertical Feed Port - Raw

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP