mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   I have some questions about cockers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/231086-i-have-some-questions-about-cockers.html)

DamoNAN 04-10-2013 06:57 PM

I have some questions about cockers

I once read where Nelson spring kits were used for Cocker spring kits ? are the big springs used at the back for velocity adjustment reasons ? Also, will they work on Trilogy's ?

I was alos reading about something called a roller sear, what is the benefit to this ? I just recently bought a halfblocked Trilogy Comp and while fiddling with it last weekend, I was impressed with how accurate it was and I'm having second thoughts about converting it to a pump now, it's small, light and fun as hell to shoot.

danssoslow 04-10-2013 11:58 PM

Consider that my experience is new with these; but what I've found so far with the Trilly is that you will need both a Cocker spring kit (all but the valve spring) and Spyder spring kit (loong springs for the valve) if you plan on tuning/messing with both the valve and hammer springs. I have tinkered with my Spyder Hammer's springs with the springs in a Cocker kit; but don't recall which springs it was I was swapping in. I do remember that the cocker spring was a little longer than the spring it replaced.

I have two slide frames right now, one with an Extreme Paintball roller trigger and sear, and a conventional chromed trigger plate and sear. After setting the tolerance in the adjustment screws on the Benchmark frame with the conventional guts, the difference in how smooth the pull is is negligible compared to the other frame with the roller guts. This was judged messing around at home, looking for a difference. I'd imagine in the middle of a game, I couldn't tell you the difference at all.

DamoNAN 04-11-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks danssoslow. I was looking a an Extreme Rage roller sear/trigger and wondered if the bearings actually made a difference. I will be upgrading my composite frame to a Benchmark frame after I get the the Trilly going. I like the lightness of the composite frame as do a few others that have held it.

cfos00 04-11-2013 01:00 PM

Avoid the Extreme Rage plates. They rust and they wear badly. Go with a belsales, shocktech, or the like if you're going to go with a roller sear. They're really smooth, and you won't have to worry about durability. If you go non-roller, go plated. A nicely annoed plate may look good, but they aren't anywhere near as smooth. It's not worth it.

Nelson spring kits are compatible with some cockers, but not a trilly. If you want a spring kit, grab a cocker maddman kit. They're easy to find, and should have you covered (except for the valve).

DamoNAN 04-11-2013 02:03 PM

What about the WGP roller sear ?

cfos00 04-11-2013 06:18 PM

Should be just fine. Basically just stay away from the Extreme Rage. They took a great idea and executed 3/4 of it. They really should have just hardened the plates. Shame.

DamoNAN 04-11-2013 09:48 PM

Thanks cfos00. You live in DC ? Ever played in Rock Creek Park, lol ;)

cfos00 04-12-2013 12:14 AM

Ha, doubt that would go so well. I have a feeling it would lead to some interesting conversations with unfriendly men.