mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Trilogy questions

So I bought a half blocked Trilogy to convert to a pump, but after messing around with it, I think I may keep it mech for awhile. I added a CP reg today, and it seemed like every 4th shot was around 205 -220, while the first three were 270 ish. Also, I don't know if this is common with half-blocks, but after the bolt is released, it pushes air out of the back around the bolt ? Normal ? Lastly, I am attempting to rebuild the valve, what type of orings do they normally take, the ones on mine appear to be urethane orings about the size of tank orings, maybe smaller, where can I find replacements ?
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Spyder valve o rings should work, considering the valve is the same.

Your bolt doesn't have o rings does it? As most half block bolts I've ever seen don't, I'll assume yours does not; as such, there is going to be some air getting around the bolt. It's going to be much more noticeable in a half block, with such a short path to vent to the outside of the gun.

Your shootdown may be due to the reg not being able to keep up. When fired slowly, do you still have that problem?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
The Trilogy uses a Merlin Valve. If you want a new valve, AKA or Palmer offer them.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Spyder valve o rings should work, considering the valve is the same.
Thanks, my buddy gave me a couple today. It had urathane orings on it, so we swapped it out for rubber ones.

Quote:
Your bolt doesn't have o rings does it? As most half block bolts I've ever seen don't, I'll assume yours does not; as such, there is going to be some air getting around the bolt. It's going to be much more noticeable in a half block, with such a short path to vent to the outside of the gun.
Mine has two, one before and after the air hole, I swapped them out for tank orings just to be on the safe side, they seemed to lesson the air blowing out the rear to an extent.

Quote:
Your shootdown may be due to the reg not being able to keep up. When fired slowly, do you still have that problem?
I have a brand new CP reg on it, so I don't think thats the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Hulk View Post
The Trilogy uses a Merlin Valve. If you want a new valve, AKA or Palmer offer them.
The valve is fine, but I am having issues finding the proper cup seals for it. Everytime I get a new gun, I try to put together a parts kits for it just in case.

crap, almost forgot, Thanks Guys
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'd check the reg and relube it, just in case. I can't think of anything else that might cause a drop like that other than the reg. Of course, I'm not very versed on such things. It would seem to me that all the other parts associated with moving the air are in sync, so a bad timing situation would cause low velocity consistently. What about the fifth or sixth consecutive shot? Do they drop even lower? If you stop shooting for a moment and begin shooting again, is the first couple shots again at full velocity?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

As far as the cup seals, I have to say no-go on the Spyder as a replacement. The Trilly's cup seal appears wider in diameter. Although, there might be a chance that the cup seal I'm calling the Spyder may be a Spyder Hammer cup seal (so much of this stuff lying around together, I'll never get these individual guns back in one piece!)

Let me take another Spyer I have here apart, and check it just to be absolutely sure.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I'd check the reg and relube it, just in case. I can't think of anything else that might cause a drop like that other than the reg. Of course, I'm not very versed on such things. It would seem to me that all the other parts associated with moving the air are in sync, so a bad timing situation would cause low velocity consistently. What about the fifth or sixth consecutive shot? Do they drop even lower? If you stop shooting for a moment and begin shooting again, is the first couple shots again at full velocity?
Basically, I shoot 2-3 shots and its in the 270 region, sometimes 280, but the 4-5th shot drops, if I stall a second it goes back up. I just got the reg, brand new, yesterday so I am still in the sweet spot process. I should have more time this weekend to mess with it. Not knowing what the reg is set at is my main issue. I have a starting point of 280 psi according to the original owner, but I am awaiting an inline regulator tester for this purpose.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Do you know which valve is in the gun? This may effect your target pressure.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Trilogy Comp valve. It lokks brass and has bigger holes then a stock spyder. I have a Trilogy Comp cocker, I was told they operate between 200 - 350 psi. I got the normal CP reg (0 - 500 psi) thinking this would be fine for my needs. I have one of these on order - Trinity Inline ASA Regulator Pressure Tester with Gauge (0-500psi) - Black - so maybe this will help fine tune my reg.

Thanks for the offer as well, but I think I may have a line on some new unused cup seals thru the shop. Seems the old man has more connections then we thought.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Another question, the TechT Trilogy low pressure nut, will that allow me to mount a better pump kit to my Trilogy, like the Check It Deluxe pump kit ?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP