mcarterbrown.com

Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Delving into Autocockers

I want to foray into the world of Autocockers to build my dream cocker but I need to know a little info. My dream is a halfblock Karni with MQ valve and either a Ultralight frame or an E2. Here are my questions?

1) Who does halfblocking?

2) It looks like the bottom tube has to be milled with "rails" for the bolt to ride on. Am I wrong about that?

3) Is there a special bolt I need? It looks shorter and has some type of wedge looking thing that rides the "rails" in the youtube video I've seen.

4) How much should I expect to pay?

5) Does the MQ need to be tuned? Who is the expert if so?
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

Both JCurt455 and Super_Stanchy here on MCB do half/mid blocking

Usually with a standard HB setup you need to have the body slotted on lower tube so the pin can ride on the hammer, which also has to be slotted

With a traditional style HB the sled is contoured for the bolt to rest on, if the top tube is kept a bit longer then it's mid-blocked and the sled is flat and thinner so it can slide in between the slot of the top and lower tubes

For running an MQ2 on a Karnivor the ICS will have to be modified for a shortened cocking rod, if I remember correctly that is :P

Last edited by karni-collector; 04-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

All I ask is that you find a half block body already. I'm gonna cry if another full body gets chopped.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumLive999 View Post
All I ask is that you find a half block body already. I'm gonna cry if another full body gets chopped.
If I wanted to build one from scratch what all would I need. From my meager knowledge I guessing body, bolt, trigger frame, front block, hpr, lpr, 3-way, ics, in this case MQ(2) valve.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Old, but not slow.

Parts of a mech cocker: Body, vertical adapter, back block, frontblock, banjo bolt, valve with stem and cupseal, valve jam nut, valve and hammer springs, hammer with lug, IVG, cocking rod, bolt, trigger frame, asa, hpr, lpr, ram and pump arm, 3way with spool and actuator rod.

If you're getting it half blocked, you won't need a cocking rod or back block. You'll need a special slotted hammer and sled and a shortened pump arm.

If you want an MQ valve, you'll need an electronic frame, but wont need most of the lower tube or a 3way.

What exactly are you wanting to do with this thing besides halfblocking it?
Are you going to have it mini'd? What body are you planning on using?
reepneep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

It will be electronic and I'm using a Karni body. When it comes to frames I will either use a E2 frame or a Dye Ultralite frame. If I decide to use a Dye Ultralite what boards can I use with it? Who would I talk to about doing this for my Karni? And I will not shorten my bottom tube. I don't like the way it looks. Pump arm? I need that with an electric marker?

Last edited by Carnage Reigns; 04-21-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Old, but not slow.

You're going to half block a karni? I've always thought body is kinda ugly, but a big square cut into that intricate milling certainly wouldn't help.
If you're going to cut that body, at least mid block it. Your money, your stuff, I know.

Yes, you'll need a pump arm. You still need something to connect the ram to the bolt(sled), right?

Someone else will have to field the MQ questions. That's not an area of expertise for me.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not a fan of the mid block look. Just not my style. And does CCM carry the pump arms? I'm totally new to this so please excuse me if I ask obvious questions. Karnivor are my favorite autocockers. They look amazing!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Old, but not slow.

The pump arm is this piece:
WGP Autococker Pump Arm (8") 2K - Stainless
One end screws onto the ram, the other screws into the back block. Half/Mid blocks need a special short one since the distance between the ram and the back of the bolt is so much smaller.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

As someone else said, please find an already half-blocked Karni body with eyes. Dont cut one up and drill eye holes please!
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP