mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I was playing around with Maddman springs for a while but it definitely had a clangy kind of resonance to it... Almost like plucking an out-of-tune guitar string. Like Hurtcow, I went CCM lower tube kit and never looked back.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
I'm surprised that you had low velocities with the original hammer spring...
Like you said earlier, the madman springs are longer from the start. Maybe I'll put the stock hammer spring back in and sweet spot the reg.

As to lower tube kits, I see the Check it kit is $15 less than CCM, would there be much difference. I think if I'm starting with internals that I know are made to go together, I should be OK.

Last edited by cox_sp; 05-05-2013 at 09:30 AM.
cox_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCD Member

I never tried the CCM internals, but if you're going to get all new internals I would just go with CCM. That way it eliminates any doubt.

I would try these first though:
WGP Autococker Low Pressure Spring Kit

If you end up not liking it... well.. it's only 7 bucks.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

I installed the low pressure springs frank suggested, seemed to dampen the sound a bit but not much. I thought the sound might be coming through the CO2 tank, so I had to change the trigger frame in order to change the ASA, and still had the clanging vibration. After a few minutes, I rested my chin on the hopper lid while the trigger in frustration, the noise was gone.
A few more minutes experimentation touching the hopper (GXG 50 round) with various body parts, I thought the hopper might not be seating properly, changed hoppers (JT 200 round) but I couldn't tighten the clamping feedneck enough. I had an epiphany, I switched back to the stock feedneck (the Outkast is blue and I had a 'close enough' blue feedneck lying around) and... NO CLANG! I tried another clamping feedneck and NO CLANG! Switched back to the blue feed neck and the clang was back.

PROBLEM SOLVED: improperly balance springs caused the vibration and a crappy clamping feedneck allowed it to ring like a bell. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Last edited by cox_sp; 05-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.
cox_sp is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP