mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Six Point Five

build vs buy

Hey guys. Just wondering which I should do. Build or buy? Save my money for the new empire or simply start piecing together what I want ? I know price will be a little more then the empire building. Which I'm OK with. I'm thinking either simply a 2k pro stock. Be sales internals. Slider frame. Palmers front block. Eclipse ASA and regulator. Either custom anno or hydro graphic. What do you guys think ?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I would say it depends on the type of person you are. Do you like to tinker and experiment with parts, and are unconcerned with warranties and factory support? If so then build your own. If you just want, what looks like a great shooter, with no fuss and good customer service, wait for the Empire.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I see a specific list here. All high end, going to build what you'd consider the best of the best. If your intentions are mainly to reach a certain level of refinement, I'd at least wait untill there are a bunch of reviews out on the Empire before making your decision; moreso from those that are also familiar with the parts you have listed above.

Reason being, from the Empire thread here, their parts should rival all of those top tier pieces. If it pans out that Empire does equal or better those parts, jump on the Empire. If it turns out that they don't, build your own. It might come down to only one or two shortcomings with the Empire; which means you'd only have to replace thise one or two things, while customizing your Empire a bit and seperating yourself from every other owner (if that kind of stuff is important to you).

Of course, this opinion comes from primarily a function standpoint. We all have our preferences for body styles. If the Empire doesn't scratch that itch for you, the choice is obvious.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP