| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|06-26-2013, 03:05 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Trilogy Select Fire Trouble-Shooting
I thinking I'm having a brain fart. I have 2 Trilogies that I'm selling and I decided to do a shooting vid on them. However, they don't seem to be firing.
Here's what I've done to try and eliminate the variables:
1. Board set to semi (ie. both switches off as per
2. New 9V (tried new alkaline and topped up rechargable Spyder one)
3. Safety off
4. HPA threaded into ASA (tried one tank with 1k in it and the other with 2k--both output ~850psi and have worked well with a Tippmann X7)
5. Tried with eyes on and off (usually stuck to off) as per these instructions:
Eyes did blink a slower green.
6. Rebuilt HPR. Wiped clean and applied Dow33 to o-rings. Original grease seemed to be somewhat like petroleum jelly
7. IVG tried at flush to back of body, 1/4" in, 1/2" in, and greater. Usually set 1/3" in
8. Cocking rod screwed all the way in. On cocking back, just the tip of the bolt can be seen from above looking down into the breech. ie. ~1/8"
9. Bolt hole facing down and bolt o-rings oiled
10. Back block done at tight, paper thin, and credit card with no difference
11. One marker slightly leaked down barrel after initial air up, but cocking it eliminated the leak. To me, that's normal.
11. Sear lug not touched.
12. 3way orings lightly greased with Dow33 (ie. just so that they're shiny)
1. Battery in, aired up, safety off, eyes off. No hopper/paint.
2. Cock it.
3. Pull trigger.
4. Light puff heard from what I believe to be the solenoid with each trigger pull.
5. 3way does not move.
6. Scratch head.
I think I'm missing something extremely basic as both of them are doing the same thing. Any ideas appreciated.
|06-27-2013, 03:16 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Check your lpr. I just fixed a friends that was having similar problems and his lpr had migrated, turned it up and all was well.
My fedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
|06-27-2013, 03:37 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: british columbia
Take the frame off and manual test the marker. Cycle the 3way with your hand. Pull back the cocking rod and release it at full pull and see if it will shot a paintball. If the board has a micro switch try to push the switch instead of pulling the trigger and see if the noid clicks. Do you have a volt meter?
It's not cold till the sweat on your hands freezes to
your hockey stick
forever looking for my beloved mag sm00431
|07-01-2013, 09:38 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Thanks for both answers. Upgraded the HPR on both and they both cycle now.
Left IVG only a few threads in. Raised HPR until velocity peaked and then began to fall again. Set HPR back at plateau. Cranked IVG to up velocity to 285fps and left it.
Left IVG only a few threads in. Raised HPR until velocity peaked and then began to fall again. Set HPR back at plateau. Cranking IVG maxed velocity ~175fps. Had to up LPR to get gun to cycle with IVG that far in. Raised HPR up to 1/2 a crank more. Velocity would max out around 190fps. Eventually, velocity would drop again. Velocity never cracked 200fps.
Something I'm missing or do I just need to respring this thing? I can't seem to get her above 200fps.
Thanks again for the replies.
|07-04-2013, 09:15 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Solved the 2nd one.
I had been using an Ion reg to tune as it was easier to adjust than the stock WGP one.
That was a mistake.
Mine maxes out around 250psi. Grabbed a gauge, set the WGP HPR to 350psi. Still wouldn't cycle. Raised the LPR a touch, dialed in the IVG and we're good. I could probably dial the regs in a bit more, but after all that time it's "good enough."
Thanks again for the suggestions.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|