mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
...?

Hmm... Should I buy?

So I'm scrolling through the local bst on Facebook, and I see a later model trilogy... Used once... In the box..... No scratches .... For 50 bones. . How can I say no?
Big Kat 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Is it the one with the regulator and barrel kit? The reg'd ones really shoot a lot better. I'd try to offer him $40 for it, I bet they'd take a little less if you're picking it up. I sold a stock mechanical tactical Trilogy for around $100 awhile back, so it's well worth it if it's one of those.

I'm a fan of the Trilogy line, never really understood why people didn't like them.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Is it the one with the regulator and barrel kit? The reg'd ones really shoot a lot better. I'd try to offer him $40 for it, I bet they'd take a little less if you're picking it up. I sold a stock mechanical tactical Trilogy for around $100 awhile back, so it's well worth it if it's one of those.

I'm a fan of the Trilogy line, never really understood why people didn't like them.
I think its just the stigma of it not being a "real" Autococker and the elitist attitude that comes with it. People like Autocockers because they can tinker with them and customize them to the hilt. A Trilogy takes some of that away, but still shoots just as you'd expect from any other entry-level factory WGP Autococker. I wouldn't hesitate to get one if I was looking for something at that price point.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
...?

The snag I've hit with this deal is its a kid without a drivers license and he lives an hour away. With know way to meet half way. It might be older than I first thought. I was looking at it at 2 in the morning and I looked at it again today and it's old enough to have an expansion chamber. And he told me the brand was Mgp....... I didn't correct him. Didn't want to give him a headache lol. The part that really caught my eye was the single finger hinge trigger? Is that a thing or am I not seeing it correctly. Because it's not a double finger hinge. I will try to make this work but no promises. I asked if there was any scratches or bolt wear And if the pneumatics were all good and he said it shot pretty straight. Idk. He doesn't seem all there but he might just be young.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ehh - not as great a deal as once proposed because of the model, though a $40 marker is still a $40 marker.

That trigger frame is nicknamed the "1.5 Finger" frame, because of its awkward size
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
...?

The 1.5... Heh. I'm guessing that's not a very popular frame?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I've actually seen the 1.5 hinges used on more than a few budget built Snipers. Nice slide/single frames can be expensive so the 1.5 is a cheap option for a single'ish trigger. But it's not the most popular frame for a semi.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP