mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tactical Trilogy:

I bought a Tactical Trilogy to ship to Lonegunman as he lives in Canada and can't cash in on the Action Village Auto-Cocker Blowout Madness that is going on right now. I picked it up from the post office on Monday and just took it out of it's package today to facilitate in shipping it up to LGM. I must say, I'm actually rather impressed. I was led to believe through all the griping online that these products aren't all that great, but it seems rather solid. No wobbles, no cheap feeling parts, nice lines, and the timing seems rather solid right out of the box (of course you can't adjust the 3-way so it's simple to get it right). That said, I'll look forward to Lonegunman's review of it's operation. The only fault I have with it is that the trigger and trigger guard is smallish for a double-trigger, and it feels better to shoot with my index, or even better, middle finger.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

I purchased one with some concern as well, and only had 1 issue, most of the Trilogy factory inline regs are set high enough they do not run well on low pressure output tanks.
With regard to the grip, they origionally spec'd them for the 05 style hinge, and switched to the 1.5 trigger group for ease of manufacture. If you can find an 05 hinge, you will find they run quite well in the limit of the design. The geometry of the timing slot is the same.
SGArmstrang is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP