mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Low Pressure Chamber

I had put a low pressure chamber on my Spyder in the 90's with great results. It solved my shoot down problem. I bought this back in 2002 for my fist Autococker.
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...psbeefd75b.jpg

I was surprised that it seamed to do nothing. I now know that my reg was not sweet spotted and was probably the larger issue. I had also made the switch from CO2 to air.

So to get to the point I recently started playing with the clockers again and I noticed this in the tool box. What is a good use for this? Can someone explain it to me I think I may have some misconceptions. My thoughts are that it puts a larger bank of air behind the valve for the gun to draw from. But is this always a good thing? I'm toying with putting it back on one of the guns.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
That appears to be an extended banjo bolt for a 2k+ autococker, not an lpc.

Pre2k autocockers, especially minis, had smaller valve chambers. This required higher operating pressures, and in cases with the pre2k mini, caused shootdown issues.

Adding an lpc increases available volume, in theory allowing one to use lower pressures and achieve greater consistency from shot to shot. Here are some examples of my pre2k autocockers with lpcs.

WGP increased the valve chamber size again starting with 2k+, so lpcs really aren't needed for 2k+ autocockers, imho. However, some owners still like the aesthetics of a "bulky" looking front block.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedbackin88 View Post
That appears to be an extended banjo bolt for a 2k+ autococker, not an lpc.
The whole thing is hollow and originally advertised as a lpc. But yes it is also a banjo bolt.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Ok, it is an lpc then. My mistake.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
You could probably sell it easily too. There weren't a lot of 2k+ LPCs made for the reasons mentioned above so they are much harder to find than 99 LPCs. Some people just want the accessories even if they don't help performance. It's not worth a bunch of money or anything but it probably wouldn't sit forever either.

It kinda reminds me of the Jackal Banjo bolts that came with the RDL. Does anyone know who made it?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't recall who made it. I do remember leaving it on just because it looked cool on my self assembled ProStock cocker with mostly Shock Tech parts. I took it off when I converted them to snipers. Recently put the stock pneumatics back on the Stock 2002, I think this might look silly crammed in next to the brass. I've been toying with putting pneumatics back on the ProStock, but it makes such a nice Sniper.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP