mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
The Pro does come with a Delrin bolt which has 2 orings. I've got a pro and a competition, and the Delrin bolt is nice, less wear, smoother feel.
Good to know thank you!
FoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
Another thing to consider is the 1.5 trigger. Depending on the size of your hands, you'll either tolerate it or hate it. I replaced mine with a carbon fiber slider frame and it feels so much better now. If you do this, you would need to reverse the hoses if you keep it as a semi (mine is a pump now so the hoses aren't a factor anymore). Also, if you ever replace that frame with a slider, the valve retaining bolt protruded too far out on mine and needed some dremel work to sit flush to the body (the trigger frame wouldn't sit flush to the body). If you ever replace the 1.5 frame with a true 2x hinge, the hoses wouldn't need to be reversed and the valve retaining bolt shouldn't be an issue either. I just prefer sliders, myself.

My Feedback Thread

JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I put a slider frame on my Trilogy comp and love it. I also put on a Plamers Trilogy Rock LPR (not necessary, but worthwhile for what I use my trilogy for). The POPs ASA was pure preference, and I've since added a CP inline reg. There was nothing wrong with the factory reg. What happed was the reg on my 2004 Piranha EVO died and I didn't want to put a nice reg on that. So I put the Trilogy reg on the EVO, and the CP reg on the Trilogy. Now my Trilogy is running at ~200psi (with factory lowers as far as I know) and runs a good +/-3 fps with midgrade paint. It is an absolute blast to play with and well worth the investment.

My unique Trilogy Competition
2KZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Another thing to consider is the 1.5 trigger. Depending on the size of your hands, you'll either tolerate it or hate it. I replaced mine with a carbon fiber slider frame and it feels so much better now. If you do this, you would need to reverse the hoses if you keep it as a semi (mine is a pump now so the hoses aren't a factor anymore). Also, if you ever replace that frame with a slider, the valve retaining bolt protruded too far out on mine and needed some dremel work to sit flush to the body (the trigger frame wouldn't sit flush to the body). If you ever replace the 1.5 frame with a true 2x hinge, the hoses wouldn't need to be reversed and the valve retaining bolt shouldn't be an issue either. I just prefer sliders, myself.
thank you for the information. I dont mind the 1.5 but would like a slider eventually. I can adapt to but the trigger guard some times will get in the way..which i will probably stay away from full hinged triggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZX2 View Post
I put a slider frame on my Trilogy comp and love it. I also put on a Plamers Trilogy Rock LPR (not necessary, but worthwhile for what I use my trilogy for). The POPs ASA was pure preference, and I've since added a CP inline reg. There was nothing wrong with the factory reg. What happed was the reg on my 2004 Piranha EVO died and I didn't want to put a nice reg on that. So I put the Trilogy reg on the EVO, and the CP reg on the Trilogy. Now my Trilogy is running at ~200psi (with factory lowers as far as I know) and runs a good +/-3 fps with midgrade paint. It is an absolute blast to play with and well worth the investment.
the asa is going to be my first thing to change. I liked the deadlywinds on/off but sadly its not available in black. they have red available but i want more black on my build.
FoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

I completely agree, a slider frame is a great upgrade. I actually really liked the 1.5 hinge, it's smooth and snappy, but a slider has so much more character. I have a Benchmark double slider on mine and love it to pieces. I've heard many times that you have to dremel the valve retention screw, but I didn't have that problem on mine at all.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
You're lucky in that you didn't have to dremel down the retention bolt. However, if anyone has to do this, just make sure that you unscrew it far enough that you don't jack up your body when grinding it down. The best bit to do this was the flat side of a cutting wheel. This gave it a nice smooth and flat surface and left plenty of the hex left to screw it back in.

My Feedback Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Wouldn't it be easier to just take the screw out and take the 'bottom' surface down, instead of the one that has the allen socket?

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I found it easiest to pull the Allen head face across a file. IIRC the problem is that the end of the threads buttons out on the valve before the pin buttons out.
98ssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just take the screw out and take the 'bottom' surface down, instead of the one that has the allen socket?
Nope. It's actually easier to unscrew it partially and grind it down until you can screw it back in flush. This way you can simply tighten it to test fit your work and unscrew it again to take more off if necessary. Besides, I really don't want to grind down anything that comes in direct contact with the internals. My way was easy, clean, and effective.

My Feedback Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
The cup end of the valve set screw is meant to lock into the valve. That's what cup set screws are for and the valve is even milled to accept the rounded end of the screw.

I believe (but could be totally wrong) that the matte finishes might have had something to do with being a facotry refurb, at least that's what I've observed with the Pros. They are marked with an "R" on the side of the body below the ram. The polished Pros were sent back to the factory, bead blasted to take out the cosmetic problems, and resold. I have no idea why WGP was refurbing them, maybe they were rentals? Or returns?

One of the best upgrades I've found for the Trilogies is replacing the 3way orings with urethane orings. I replaced mine with some from ANS Gear and it cut the drag in half making is soo much smoother. They are only $.49 each, actually a great deal for urethane orings so small.

I'd also suggest the WGP Cam Adjuster if you decide to keep the 1.5 hinge for awhile. It's only like $7 on PaintballGateway and lets you adjust the length of the trigger pull. They were a pointless upgrade for normal WGP hinge frames, but perfect for Trilogy hinge frames. I honestly think if some people would love the 15 hinge if they used a Cam Adjuster, or at least not hate it.

You might want to find a lighter hammer spring too. The stock hammer spring is way too heavy.

Polishing the hammer and hammer lug will help with the smoothness of the gun/trigger too.

Another important thing that hasn't been mentioned, the LPR is also adjustable. It has to be unscrewed from the body but it adjustable in the same fashion as the HPR.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP