mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   New Trilogy Owner. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/251075-new-trilogy-owner.html)

FoxHound 02-10-2014 05:21 PM

New Trilogy Owner.

Got a Autococker Trilogy Competition in original form from ebay. It is in great shape cosmetically but looks like its been sitting. I see no bolt wear on bolt its self or breach. Besides adding some oil in the ASA and do a few dry fires. I have some Dye slick lube for now to use on bolt o-rings. Anything else i should check over?

One last thing my 50/4500 tank has a LP shims installed. I need to revert it back to HP output correct for this marker?

THE Hulk 02-10-2014 05:31 PM

I have a trilogy competition (black/red). I use a high pressure tank on it. Don't think it'll work good with a low pressure tank but my feelings won't be hurt if another person chimes it. The oil is ok. I don't use lube on mine. Instead I sparingly use oil on the bolt o-rings. Too much will collect dirt and the sort.

maggot 02-10-2014 09:26 PM

You need a standard output tank and a few drops of oil in the ASA.

FoxHound 02-10-2014 09:42 PM

Thanks for the replies.

DamoNAN 02-10-2014 09:58 PM

The Trilogy Competition was a step up from the Sport, as it used lower pressure internals. I have one milled to hell and run the reg at 280 psi, but my tank is standard input (Ninja Pro reg on a 45/45). Mine is pump converted, but shoots really well and is consistent to about +/- 5 bps.

magmoormaster 02-11-2014 01:06 AM

:useless:

Regardless of which version of Trilogy you have, you can use an LP tank. LP tanks output at ~450 PSI; Trilogies with regs are set at ~350 PSI IIRC, and will sweetspot much lower (my stock Competition sweetspots somewhere between 200-250 PSI). Since it's a mech gun you don't really have to worry about having a higher output. The only reason you want a higher output in the first place is to give your tank room to recharge during fast firing. And if it's a Sport, they can run down pretty low without changing springs as well.

FoxHound 02-11-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magmoormaster (Post 2899625)
:useless:

Regardless of which version of Trilogy you have, you can use an LP tank. LP tanks output at ~450 PSI; Trilogies with regs are set at ~350 PSI IIRC, and will sweetspot much lower (my stock Competition sweetspots somewhere between 200-250 PSI). Since it's a mech gun you don't really have to worry about having a higher output. The only reason you want a higher output in the first place is to give your tank room to recharge during fast firing. And if it's a Sport, they can run down pretty low without changing springs as well.

I have no issue converting my tank back. its a Pure Energy Ultra and had a LP kit which really made it a mid output tank.

2 more questions Delrin Bolts - I read the Pro came with Delrin is this true? and if so did it come with a delrin bolt with o-rings or non.

Lastly inline reg - Is the stock reg adjustable in anyway?

here is a pic when i got it. It has that pinkish look going on the ano than red like old spyder pilots did..more on the back block but I will replace asa with black on/off. its more dust than polished finish too.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...psd416adac.jpg

magmoormaster 02-11-2014 04:16 PM

Yeah that's the Competition. Same one I have. GREAT gun. Easily my favorite gun (cocker or otherwise) that I've ever shot.

The stock reg is adjustable. You'll see on the bottom section of the reg body that there are wrench flats. Take that part off and you'll see a screw, which is your adjustment screw. They aren't the easiest to adjust, but they are really consistent regs. I've seen mine do +/-4 with pretty lousy paint before.

I'm not sure about the bolt, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Law 02-11-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxHound (Post 2899929)
2 more questions Delrin Bolts - I read the Pro came with Delrin is this true? and if so did it come with a delrin bolt with o-rings or non.

The Pro does come with a Delrin bolt which has 2 orings. I've got a pro and a competition, and the Delrin bolt is nice, less wear, smoother feel.

idkfa 02-11-2014 05:06 PM

Interesting thing about the Trilogy Comp, I believe it was made in two different finishes. I don't know if it was official models but I had two different Comp bodies, one was more pink than red and glossy, the other one was red and dust.