mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Updating E2 firmware (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/251977-updating-e2-firmware.html)

Flying Dutchman 02-24-2014 07:23 PM

Updating E2 firmware
 
I'm hoping to build an e-cocker to use this year in CXBL, we're shooting 12.4 ramp. So I need a board that will do that. As far as I can tell, I need an E2 with v1.10 firmware.
I'm having a hard time finding many E2 v1.10 set ups and have no issue finding lots of other versions. Is it possible to update/ change the firmware?
From what I've read, Eclipse has stopped doing this years ago.
Thanks

cfos00 02-24-2014 07:57 PM

Go onto custom cockers.com. There is a forum sponsor there that can do the update for you for a lot cheaper than a new board. He has one of the only flashing set ups in the US

timekeeper 02-25-2014 08:33 AM

1.20 will also ramp PSP legal. Either way you'll have to adjust the settings to cap ROF, there's no direct way to set a ROF cap in the PE boards. If you don't mind spending more, you can get a Tadao USB yakuza and use the more convenient ROF setting (hopefully the screen's still good, or you can plug it to your computer and adjust from there).

2KZX2 02-28-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfos00 (Post 2908462)
Go onto custom cockers.com. There is a forum sponsor there that can do the update for you for a lot cheaper than a new board. He has one of the only flashing set ups in the US

I thought ramping was only available on the Zero B boards. Or is that what the updated firmware is? Even then how does the ramping work on a board that doesn't have any straight forward way to adjust the ROF?

timekeeper 03-01-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KZX2 (Post 2911226)
I thought ramping was only available on the Zero B boards. Or is that what the updated firmware is?


ZeroB and E2 have the same codes, the only practical difference between the boards is that the E2 has a larger screen. The E1 only goes up to 1.06 code, no ramping.


Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KZX2 (Post 2911226)
Even then how does the ramping work on a board that doesn't have any straight forward way to adjust the ROF?


You have to add up the setting times and keep adjusting them until you make it electronically impossible for the marker to go past the desired cap.

docfire 03-02-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeeper (Post 2911586)
ZeroB and E2 have the same codes, the only practical difference between the boards is that the E2 has a larger screen. The E1 only goes up to 1.06 code, no ramping.





You have to add up the setting times and keep adjusting them until you make it electronically impossible for the marker to go past the desired cap.

What he said and im the guy on CC that has the programmer. The screens are the same size but what is displayed is narrower on the ZeroB as it was a replacement board for the older e1 which had a small milled out window.

E2 and ZeroB Firmware Update
Firmware to choose from:

E2 1.10 (USA)
E2 1.20 (USA latest)
E2 1.22 (Europe version to comply with rules)
ZeroB 1.10 (same as E2 1.10 but for the narrow screen)
ZeroB 1.20 (same as E2 1.20 but for the narrow screen)

you will need to become a elite member to get the free upgrade
RE-Flash you board


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC