mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Slider trigger frame install for trilogy

I have some concerns maybe you all can help ease my brain
This ANS quickfire didnt fit quite right..it turned out the valve screw underneath the body was sticking out too much. I turned it in about 1/4-1/2 turn more to set it deeper.(not under extreme force) just torqued it more. Frame then was flush against body. Would that be ok or should i back it our and just file off extra material from screw head? Trigger slides fine and when i cock marker it releases upon pull.

2nd -reversing the low pressure hoses...is it that simple it seems i dont have a lot of slack to reverse the front to back and back to front.

Lastly - Has anyone used Duracoat before to change color of parts
DURACOAT FIREARM FINISHES DIRECT

here are some pics

FoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

You really ought to order some replacement 'cocker hose, cut fresh pieces.

Don't worry about the valve screw; if it's flush with the bottom you're fine, it can't go "too far" in.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks, I felt guilty doing it i dont know why just fear of breaking something i guess.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
thanks, I felt guilty doing it i dont know why just fear of breaking something i guess.
I've definitely seen valves with wear on them from the valve screw, but it doesn't actually hurt anything.

There are some valves that have holes on the top and bottom, some which have holes on the top and closed dimples on the bottom, and some that are open all the way around... The valve screw (usually) serves two purposes - primarily it plugs the hole left by drilling the air passage from the valve chamber to the upper tube, and (in most, but not all cases) it keeps the valve in the proper position to direct airflow upward toward the air passage (the jam nut holds the valve in place).

In the future, it's always a good idea to replace your 3-way hose when you take it on and off more than once, especially if your pneumatics have large barbs which stretch out the ends. It's very cheap, your local proshop probably has it for $1/foot, which will do your front end twice over.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Badger

Brass N Wood Fan
I ran into the same thing when I installed a slider frame on my Trilogy pump. Instead of wrenching it down tighter, I backed it out a bit and used the flat edge of a Dremel cutting wheel to grind it down a bit before screwing it back in. Now it sits flush without over tightening the screw and possibly jacking up the threads in the body.

JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Valves can leak when the set screw is torqued down too much; especially 11/16 valves that aren't held in with a jam nut. Have you aired it up since?

I know I had to take at least 1/16" off my Trilogys set screw to make it work with a slide frame.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I ran into the same thing when I installed a slider frame on my Trilogy pump. Instead of wrenching it down tighter, I backed it out a bit and used the flat edge of a Dremel cutting wheel to grind it down a bit before screwing it back in. Now it sits flush without over tightening the screw and possibly jacking up the threads in the body.
I did end up taking it apart again to see how much it would take to file off. Glad i did because it was still touching the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Valves can leak when the set screw is torqued down too much; especially 11/16 valves that aren't held in with a jam nut. Have you aired it up since?

I know I had to take at least 1/16" off my Trilogys set screw to make it work with a slide frame.
no after i corrected it I have not aired it back up yet because i need to order hoses for 3-way. next paycheck on/off ASA coming with new hoses.

Last edited by FoxHound; 03-18-2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: adding photos of work i did
Old 04-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Never got a chance to shoot it or pick up some hose to reverse the 3-way. my tank needs to be rehydro tested. ill probably sell off this slide frame to get that done. Im not playing much anymore I hope i get to shoot it at least once this year. Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it. I got a little one cant be spending too much on pball or ill hear it from my wife

Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Badger

Brass N Wood Fan
I've been there, brother. Luckily mine are older now. It gets better once they're out of diapers and formula. It gets better yet once they start school. You'll be back on the field again in no time.

JonM is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP