mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Shocktech was supposedly going to release a 3rd version of the SFL, but last I heard it's only going to be a body kit.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

They're ramping up production. They don't have all the parts to build full guns yet. So they're selling bodies and trigger frames right now, we should be seeing pneumatics and stuff sometime this year.

Also it's like their 5th (6th?) version
Old 03-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Now days cockers are a niche' market...99% of cocker buyers "old guns or new guns" are us older guys who were cocker fans back in the day when they were "THE" gun to own. You want see many 15 year olds dieing to get their hands on a cocker of any sort these days. There's not a lot of middle ground for mechanical high end guns these days, it's all either nice pumps "CCM" or E-guns...Some dudes I know locally here were all into Egos, Geos, etc...But now they think they are the cool guys because they play pump all the time, they have NO respect for a mechanical semi cocker, to them it's just another piece of trash spyder or something a long those lines. For some reason they have it in their heads that their cocker with a CCM pump kit on it is 10 times the gun.
As far as E-cockers go, I had them and I hated them...If I'm gonna drop that much $$$$ on an e-gun it'll be an Eclipse, DYE, Bob Long, etc...They are more reliable platforms imho and just work better, E-cockers had a way of beating theirselves to death over time it seemed like.
'99 STO Cocker
DefTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathalh View Post
Think the resurrection is having tough sales because it is not a full body, which is what most cocker guys want.
This exactly. Those who want a mech cocker are into it for nostalgia's sake, and that means full body. The Rez is a great gun for a great price, but this is the reason I've steered clear of it (yes, I've been tempted, but the halfblock ultimately made me back away). A halfblock design doesn't look like a real cocker to me - it doesn't have the coolness that comes with it. I'd personally rather pick up a beat up old full size mutt and fix it.

As for electro cockers - I don't know. I'm guessing that most people who consider one ultimately go for a gun platform that was designed as an electro from the start.

Areas of special interest:
|:| Autocockers |:| VM-68 |:| Sterling |:| Phantom |:|
Mugged2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I actually hate that I love the Empire Resurrection. The only thin I don't like about it is the fact that it's an Empire gun. They look good, feel good and shoot great. The price tag seems a bit high but if you look at all the extras you get with it (respectable barrel kit for those who don't already have one, clapping feed neck, slider frame, on/off ASA, and from what I hear good pneumatics), it really is a decant deal. Although I'm waiting on Shocktech to release their SFL again.
2KZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZX2 View Post
I actually hate that I love the Empire Resurrection. The only thin I don't like about it is the fact that it's an Empire gun. They look good, feel good and shoot great. The price tag seems a bit high but if you look at all the extras you get with it (respectable barrel kit for those who don't already have one, clapping feed neck, slider frame, on/off ASA, and from what I hear good pneumatics), it really is a decant deal. Although I'm waiting on Shocktech to release their SFL again.
You've made me curious; what's wrong with Empire?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
You've made me curious; what's wrong with Empire?
Personal vendetta honestly.
I feel as though Empire is making a monopoly in the paintball market. Because of this I avoid buying anything Empire whenever possible. Not that it's too difficult for me. My current walk on gun is a 9 year old trilogy, and before that it was a '98 cocker with full front block and pump kit to suit whatever mood I was in. I also have all my other gear pretty much set up. I just need to keep certain things maintained now I.E. lenses, pods and the like.

Empire guns aren't bad as far as I know. I don't like the way the AXE is programed or designed, but there are obviously thousands of other players who disagree. I could nit-pick the Empire product line for hours, but the fact of the matter is that they do make a good product for a reasonable price. Whatever I don't like I either have no need for or I can buy a competitors product.

Just my $0.02.

I will say though that if you or any body else is looking at jumping into autocockers out of the blue I would say the Resurrection will give you the best bang for your buck as far as new equipment goes. Obviously a savvy shopper can find an awesome deal on ebay or craigslist or even the BST thread here.
2KZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

oh empire.... the resurrection is one thing they did right.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
If the resurrection was a full body I would be all over it. I really like the stretched out grip, it is probably the best feature it has. Thats why a put a slider on my Karni, stretched grip, clamping feedneck and a full body.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugged2Much View Post
This exactly. Those who want a mech cocker are into it for nostalgia's sake, and that means full body.
Maybe most. I'm in the process of building a new autococker from parts here and there. In part because of nostalgia, yes. BUT my memory does not fail me, I remember how much I absolutely loathed always having to **** with the cocking rod to adjust velocity, or spacing the back block just right only for it to adjust itself after a case of paint. I'm debating if I'm going to put up with that, because the clack clack of the back block really is fun to hear. So I might get the mid-block body, or might just deal with the classic autococker hassles.

Last edited by Meph; 05-04-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP