mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf2Live View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Though electro cockers remain to have a following and a presence in the market there has been a massive resurgence in mech cockers. To many there still seems to be a stigma associated with e-cockers.

More importantly though is that for the electro wielding crowd there are far more marker choices now, than in the mid-late 2000s, that are smaller, more efficient, and more reliable than the autococker platform for the same or less money.*

*my last statement contains purely objective opinions since efficiency and reliability are as much factors of tuning and maintenance as they are design
PSP and most fields are capping rate of fire around 12.5 BPS. Any decent mech can hit that, so there's not much of a market for 'this shoots faster' anymore. So there isn't much push to get an e-cocker when the only thing it really has over a mech is ROF. That's my take on it, anyway.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
#MArIsAwesome

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
PSP and most fields are capping rate of fire around 12.5 BPS. Any decent mech can hit that, so there's not much of a market for 'this shoots faster' anymore. So there isn't much push to get an e-cocker when the only thing it really has over a mech is ROF. That's my take on it, anyway.
I have not met anyone yet who can pull a conventional mechanical trigger that fast.

I really don't see how there can be a ROF cap on a mechanical gun anyways, short of it being hardware related.... If someone can actually pull a trigger that fast, it's going to hard to police it.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

ROF really has nothing to do with it. Generally speaking, if you're going to spend $300 (or more) on an electronic paintball gun, you want the best performance you can get. E-cockers offer no performance advantage over guns in that range. And even if you're going for nostalgia, e-cockers don't even feel like cockers anymore. They're just overly complicated and have a ton of kick.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm by no means an old timer, but hen I started playing WGP was all anyone at the field I played at used. Now that I'm old enough to invest my pennies into. Nice set up I really want another cocker. For me its a little nostalgia but I also loved the feel, and the tinkering, of a fine tuned cocker in my hands. IMO I love that Shocktech is starting with just the body. I plan on picking one up and tracking down the parts to build a SFL so that I can honestly say its my own. I honestly wad surprised the first time I pulled my cocker out at a field in Colorado and a couple of the kids who had never seen one thought it was a franken-WalMart gun. I hope that the full thrill of shooting covers eventually make their way back into the spotlight for rec-ballers so that they will understand what itls like to truly many your gun your own, instead of just dropping a couple parts in their latest space gun and thinking they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But I'm getting off topic noe and feel I should end this rant now
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

And sorry for all the miss-spellings in that one. It sucks posting with my phone
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

AKA Fan
One word

NITCH

100% custom build "all parts machined new"

Nemesis Pre-order - Open 10/07/13 to 11/07/13

Last edited by docfire; 05-24-2014 at 06:14 PM.
docfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

yeah. just buy a MAG
morlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
Kilted Commando

Kilt Fan
awesome nemesis cocker !!!

"Autococker Haiku"
Did it work before?
You screwed with it, didn't you?
Got what you deserve.

Last edited by astr0xz0mbie; 09-18-2014 at 09:52 PM.
astr0xz0mbie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP