mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Autococker... SO whats the deal now?

So, I see to drop out of the game for a bit, but find my way back in. Last time I came back to find WGP had just died. Bought out from kee action.

I hit up the usually deal places like ebay, and I am seeing markers that to me look like cockers, but are made by some one else.

So whats the deal, did they sell again and some one is making them, or did the patents run out or something?

some one fill me in on what I have missed.

EDIT: I am assuming no one knows??? The marker I speak of is called empire resurrection autococker.

My Feedback

Last edited by Mindless_Chaos; 03-16-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Yes, KEE started making the Empire Ressurection not too long ago. And a few other companies have started making cocker parts again as well.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

WGP is dead, all the K2 brands (JT, WGP, Viewloader, etc) were sold to KEE which is basically NPS under a new name. They don't use the WGP name at all anymore, so the Resurrection is sold under the Empire brand, which is their high-end line (I think, do they use Invert at all anymore?)

I don't think we'll see any other cockers from them though as this was Simon's project that he pushed through, and from talking to people at PBE the sales don't seem to be outstanding. The sniper version though we can't even keep in stock lol.

Plenty of small shops making new bodies, or old places like P&P, Shocktech, and TCP Xtreme making new bodies though.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

word,

I looked around and watched a few reviews etc. it is a decent marker, just has a big price tag for something that dropped off the market.

I realize that they were trying to cater to the mech crowd, but if they offered a version with some chips in it, i think they may sell them more.

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
I like Spyders now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless_Chaos View Post
I realize that they were trying to cater to the mech crowd, but if they offered a version with some chips in it, i think they may sell them more.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Though electro cockers remain to have a following and a presence in the market there has been a massive resurgence in mech cockers. To many there still seems to be a stigma associated with e-cockers.

More importantly though is that for the electro wielding crowd there are far more marker choices now, than in the mid-late 2000s, that are smaller, more efficient, and more reliable than the autococker platform for the same or less money.*

*my last statement contains purely objective opinions since efficiency and reliability are as much factors of tuning and maintenance as they are design
Old 03-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

I love cockers but I agree with the last piece. If I want to shoot electro there are better options than an e-cocker. I mean if you were tasked with taking all the components of a e-cocker and re-engineering them / integrating them into a gun I think you'd end up with something that looked a lot like an ego. To me that was the final evolution. The e-cocker IMHO was always kind of a bad path. 1:1 replacements of mechanical components with electonic ones is just way more parts than necessary. It was cool as it evolved but just doesn't seem to have a good place anymore.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf2Live View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Though electro cockers remain to have a following and a presence in the market there has been a massive resurgence in mech cockers. To many there still seems to be a stigma associated with e-cockers.

More importantly though is that for the electro wielding crowd there are far more marker choices now, than in the mid-late 2000s, that are smaller, more efficient, and more reliable than the autococker platform for the same or less money.*

*my last statement contains purely objective opinions since efficiency and reliability are as much factors of tuning and maintenance as they are design

Pretty realistic I think. Not only does the price and complexity of e-cockers put them in the neighborhood of many other designs, it also looses a lot of the mech version's style and clacki-ness. You have to like an e-cocker for what it is already, and it's a hard sell as a new player marker.

I think the mech market suffers from being pinched in rate of fire between autotriggered pumps and re-tasked electros with unpowered hoppers.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
To me the largest problem with an Ecocker is the trigger frame. I seriously think they're some of the most uncomfortable gripframes and hardest to walk reliabliy. To me an E-cocker is to shoot fast and a mech is to shoot slower.

Bring out a new Eframe that is comfortable and the mq2 valve again and we may have something.

Also not to mention I can toss a hand full of parts together and make a mech, time it and have it shooting 280 in about 5 minutes. An E-cocker.....I ALWAYS have some sort of problem for some reason.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Think the resurrection is having tough sales because it is not a full body, which is what most cocker guys want. However, an ebladed resurrection with a microswitch, mq2 and better ergonomics, "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Eh, I don't know. Simon only made 150 of those inception bodies and it's taken almost 5 months for him to sell just those.

I know it's not the same as a full gun, but still. There's demand for a cocker, but it's not huge.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP