mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
it wasnt a problem for the 9 months or so i was running it like that before it crapped on me in November. ill try switching it out though. i will need to rebuild the marker again, i kinda took it completely apart to inspect the internals and havent put it back together yet, lol.
It's also possible that the brake-line doesn't have enough volume for the LP air either. I've never messed with any so I have no idea what they look like. You could start off by replacing it. Use an extra long hose to provide the valve as much volume as possible. I'd personally rebuild the Stabilizer and ditch the CP reg too. It has a faster recharge, is more consistent, and way more reliable (if you rebuild it with the proper orings, get them or their specs from PPS).

Regardless, Im pretty certain it's a problem with the volume of air available to the valve.

Oh and I forgot to mention this in my last post...that thing is awesome! You should post a video once you get it back up and running.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/
 
JLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, La

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Yea almost sounds like an upsidedown bolt. It's fun doing that to people


Though normally I tell them about it after they fight with the gun for a few minutes >.>
__________________
Feedback


I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
C'mon Man!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Frederick, Md
Send a message via AIM to subyrally

the bolt was the first thing i checked. granted, it would be very hard for it to get turned over, i have the detent in the back tightened down on the bolt lever and when i take it out, it stays with the back block and lever. no pump arm, so the only thing holding it onto the marker is the cocking rod.

i checked the valve, made sure it wasnt flipped over as well.

The palmer's reg was rebuilt, cleaned, lubed, rebuilt again, etc... still pegs the gauge after 5 minutes. worked great over the chrono, by time the game started, the marker was over pressurized. i have never had issues with a cp reg on my cockers. it recharges fast enough for anything i need, especially since it is a bolt action, not full auto. consistancy hasnt been a problem with it either, rock solid where ever i set it.

The brake line may or may not be the problem. i have to go over it to check for any kinks or pinches. i cant use standard air lines due to the way i had it put together before. i think if i could find the right adaptors, i might be able to try standard fittings though. ill mess with it later.

the one question i do have, what springs would give the best blanace between efficiency and velocity. i am trying to get it to around +-295fps. the field limit is 300, but i seem to have the best results around 295. this marker, when working, was the most consistant i have ever used, rarely varying more than 1fps up or down from where it was set. keep in mind, this was with good quality paint with a good barrel match.



like i was saying earlier, i would like to get a new body for this marker. i need one that i can hand load first strikes but still be able to run a right side feed neck, like from a bt or something like that anyway. i also want to avoid having a vertical asa since it makes it uncomfortable to aim and shoot when sniping, lol. i need to win the lotto so that i can get my own machine shop and play with all these random ideas i have bouncing around. lol
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
LeastGenericNicknameEver
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Indiana

Sounds to me like you've crossed over the sweet spot on your reg. At a point increasing the pressure will lower the velocity, because the air will act like a spring and close the popet faster than it is supposed to. Try dropping the pressure down to 100 or 150 and slowly turning it up.

Just jump to 7:30 on this video. he gives a better explination.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
__________________
Occasionally remind me, don't fix what isn't broken.
The Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
C'mon Man!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Frederick, Md
Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i think ill try that this weekend. i will basically start over from scratch. i might pput the components on another body as well, just to have a known good body, just to help narrow it down.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/
 
JLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, La

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
now that someone mentioned it, it is most likely the springing vs reg pressure. Hell you may even have high pressure springs that are made to work with straight tank pressure or 12 grams. May not hurt to drop a couple bucks on a spring kit if adjusting the reg makes no difference.

Try screwing in the IVG till it's about 2 turns in and adjust your reg up and down from there.



Wait, so is the body hacked open for first strikes? Sounds like a dumb question but is air possibly slipping past the bolt sealing area, even possibly a wrong bolt/back block or something that's not allowing the transfer holes to line up?
__________________
Feedback


I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 03-19-2014 at 09:38 AM.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
1shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post



The palmer's reg was rebuilt, cleaned, lubed, rebuilt again, etc... still pegs the gauge after 5 minutes. worked great over the chrono, by time the game started, the marker was over pressurized. i have never had issues with a cp reg on my cockers. it recharges fast enough for anything i need, especially since it is a bolt action, not full auto. consistancy hasnt been a problem with it either, rock solid where ever i set it.



Then the problem is with your reg. it is either over pressurized or malfunctioning. And I'm referring to the CP. Obviously the PPS reg has issues as well, but since things worked properly for a wile it suggests to me your regs are the source.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
C'mon Man!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Frederick, Md
Send a message via AIM to subyrally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
now that someone mentioned it, it is most likely the springing vs reg pressure. Hell you may even have high pressure springs that are made to work with straight tank pressure or 12 grams. May not hurt to drop a couple bucks on a spring kit if adjusting the reg makes no difference.

Try screwing in the IVG till it's about 2 turns in and adjust your reg up and down from there.



Wait, so is the body hacked open for first strikes? Sounds like a dumb question but is air possibly slipping past the bolt sealing area, even possibly a wrong bolt/back block or something that's not allowing the transfer holes to line up?
i have spring kits, i have tried a bunch of different combos with that.

i am going to mount the reg on another cocker i have that i know works. that will at least let me know if the reg is the issue. i have never had an issue with the cp reg.

the breach is cut up, but it doesnt go past the oring on the bolt. the bolt and backblock are the correct fit for this body. it is all 2k+ parts.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/
 
JLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, La

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
i have spring kits, i have tried a bunch of different combos with that.

i am going to mount the reg on another cocker i have that i know works. that will at least let me know if the reg is the issue. i have never had an issue with the cp reg.

the breach is cut up, but it doesnt go past the oring on the bolt. the bolt and backblock are the correct fit for this body. it is all 2k+ parts.
The reg thing still makes me curious though, If a gauge is showing 300+ psi, it really shouldn't matter, you should get atleast one good shot out of that even if it doesn't recharge fast enough, hell all my cockers will get one good shot after I bleed off the air and take that last shot to bleed the reg down.


I'm calling it now, when you finally figure out the problem it's going to be one of those "why the hell didn't I figure this out in 5 minutes" times.
__________________
Feedback


I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
C'mon Man!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Frederick, Md
Send a message via AIM to subyrally

isnt that what it always turns out to be? something silly that no one thought of but everyone knows about, lol.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC