mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
blsteve-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 814, pa
Send a message via Skype™ to blsteve-o

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
slide trigger problem

the valve set screw is all the way in and my trigger is super hard until I loosen the frame screw I adjusted the bottom set screw all the way down and still no go its a wgp single trigger and a 04 prostock.
blsteve-o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Live Die Burn
 
magmoormaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orem, UT

Does it have guide screws? Sounds like they are too tight. Take off the grip and look at it from underneath, you should see 2 set screws that hold the trigger up against the body. Loosen them a bit.
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
blsteve-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 814, pa
Send a message via Skype™ to blsteve-o

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Thanks

i loosened the front one b4 posting the question but i did not see the other until i took off the wraparound grip. thanks alot. should i tighten them backup until just b4 they get snug. this is my first autococker. so i will probably be asking lots of you guys.
blsteve-o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Live Die Burn
 
magmoormaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orem, UT

Yup, that's the idea; tighten them until they lock up the trigger, and then loosen it just slightly until the trigger moves freely. Better yet, replace them polished brass-tipped set screws and then do this. Just apply some purple loctite and you'll be good to go.

Course, if you're doing that, then you might as well polish the trigger plate and throw in a roller sear... Maybe some different springs...

And you see how the pattern gets started, lol. Welcome to the glorious money trap that is the autococker!! Ask all the questions you wish.
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
.
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN

I've got a teflon/delrin tipped screw in a used frame I picked up.
Any idea where people could find more?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I've got a teflon/delrin tipped screw in a used frame I picked up.
Any idea where people could find more?
Do they have green tips? The green tipped ones are nylon tipped. They are better than a normal cup set screw but still not as smooth as the brass tipped ones. They seem to "catch" on the trigger more. Although I like the idea of using nylon tipped set screws with chrome/nickle plated trigger plates, less likely to chip the finish. I have some spare 10/32 nylon tipped screws if you want any, or I could show ya where to buy them in whatever size/length.

If they aren't green, I want some of them. Teflon tipped screws seem perfect to me because they would conform better to the plate than brass screws but not have the sticky feeling of the nylon screws.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
2KZX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Coronado, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Do they have green tips? The green tipped ones are nylon tipped. They are better than a normal cup set screw but still not as smooth as the brass tipped ones. They seem to "catch" on the trigger more. Although I like the idea of using nylon tipped set screws with chrome/nickle plated trigger plates, less likely to chip the finish. I have some spare 10/32 nylon tipped screws if you want any, or I could show ya where to buy them in whatever size/length.

If they aren't green, I want some of them. Teflon tipped screws seem perfect to me because they would conform better to the plate than brass screws but not have the sticky feeling of the nylon screws.
Where do you get the brass tipped screws anyway? I'm thinking about getting some for my Trilogy.
2KZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZX2 View Post
Where do you get the brass tipped screws anyway? I'm thinking about getting some for my Trilogy.
I usually get mine from McMaster-Carr. The size and length you'll need is different from frame to frame. What type of frame do ya have? I could tell ya want size you'll need.

McMaster-Carr

Some guys also sell them in sets, check around the dealer forums on here and other sites. Although the last time I checked they only had oxidized black screws with brass tips; I wanted SS screws with brass tips.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Live Die Burn
 
magmoormaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orem, UT

Yup, mcmaster-carr is where I got mine for both of my sliders. Just polish up the brass. Iirc most frames are 8-32, but on my benchmark both screws are different.
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Benchmarks and most other slide frames use a 10/32 under the front of the trigger (a few don't like Shocktechs, BL Humpbacks), although Benchys prefer a longer screw than others. And most slide frames use an 8/32 rear glide screw, but their lengths can be sensitive depending on the frame. If he lets be know which frame he has, I could tell him what lengths would work best.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC