mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Need help guys

I am contemplating buying a Resurrection or building a custom cocker. Building would be cheaper esp since I have found the body I want.
The body is a half-block pumped Outkast, I was wondering if:

a.) a 2005 angled vasa would work on it
b.) what type of front block would an Outkast take
c.) what type of ram/hpr/3way do you recommend

It will have a slide trigger, CP reg and bottomline asa added from my pump as well as the feedneck modded for a CP Ego feedneck later on.
DamoNAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Power Lurker

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
a) yes it would
b) regular autococker
c) Internally polished stock 3 way and ram (I use brasso, and a q-tip) work great for any mechanical autococker. Belsales are probably my favorite otherwise. But the more recent brass stock pneumatics can be pretty amazing with a little tlc.

Regarding the resurrection: It is a very nice stock gun. The barrel kit is good and the slider is very snappy due to the geometry change. It makes an easy to shoot slider for new shooters. Much lower learning curve. I also like the spaced out fore-grip. On the other hand it will cost you more and be less unique. If you are willing to put in the work an outkast will probably be a better gun overall.

Old PBN Feedback

Last edited by hellion360; 04-09-2014 at 10:35 PM.
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Keep an eye on the bay, a lot of times front blocks with all the pnues will pop up. Lost a full shocktech setup once, the other guy got it for like 85 bucks and it was so shiny.

The resurrection is just awesome. Just friggin awesome. It's light, shoots great, the trigger is very very nice, clamping feedneck, sweet barrel kit, warranty....the list just goes on and on. They are as amazing as a mechanical autococker can be. They are a little blah on the wow factor and I love full bodies too much to pick one up. Think of it like a bmw, it does everything really well but it sure doesn't appeal to the 10 year old in us all.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I shot a Prototype Res (#07) last year and liked it, played with a friends on Sunday and fell in love with it. Took out 7-9 scenario team members with well placed shots and fell in love with it. I can get it below retail, with a warranty, but the tinkerer in me wants to try the Outkast, plus it will be half-blocked, ego feed necked, freaked, with a few other goodies, but alas, no warranty.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Picked this up instead of the Outkast, much happier too -
Old 04-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Lots of good stuff there. I recommend Belsales rams and 3 ways. A bit pricey but I think that they are worth it, super smooth action on both. Buy once, cry once. Also you will be able to score the cp barrel back in whatever size you need without having to get another tip, welcome to the wonderful world of rollouts. Nice pick.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP