mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

to use or not to use?

The wonderful aspect of spending 24 hours a day bored at work. Wandered upon a NIB 1998 Autococker in Arizona. The owner was nice enough to ship it all the way out to Illinois for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the gun except for a bit of rub on the side of the LPR due to the shroud; hasn't even seen air. Can get more/better pictures. Now trying to figure out if I'm keeping it in the box or taking it out any playing. Was fishing around for opinions on PBNation but came up empty.

SundayDriver720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
If you will play with it, keep it. If you want to make some cash, sell it.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I haven't posted on the boards for a while, but I think I'd keep in NIB. Just an opinion. There are plenty out there you can play and not worry about beating it up.

Geisterjager veteran OK D-Day. Making Allied players sorry for choosing blue is our specialty.
Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

that makes sense. keep it as a museum piece or maybe sell it in 50 years. old 'cockers and 'mags man, the classics of the paintball world.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
DONT USE IT!!! Not very often you find one NIB. It's a piece of days gone past, part of history from the back slide of the golden age of paintball.

I put up my axe and took out my 01 cocker yesterday, had several younger teenagers and kids asking what it was. LOL. I understand walk-ons not knowing but was alittle shocked that the "tourney" punks didn't have a clue.

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

It's boxed up in a very safe place ATM. My 20 year old Phantom is my workhorse. I didn't really expect the shroud to be made of metal (aluminum?) as my first autococker (2k1 RF) had a plastic shroud. There's a very good chance it will never see a field, and I'll hunt down a 2k1 gun for the nostalgia.

EDIT: Would anyone be interested in me scanning the owners manual?
SundayDriver720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've never understood the keep it in the box mentality, I would tune it and go rock out old school! You see these collections and they all hang on the wall in someone's den or garage, why? I know they are pretty and some of them are rare, but in the end they were made for blasting faces!
Angryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryface View Post
I've never understood the keep it in the box mentality, I would tune it and go rock out old school! You see these collections and they all hang on the wall in someone's den or garage, why? I know they are pretty and some of them are rare, but in the end they were made for blasting faces!
because you don't come across new old stock like this very often. if you want to rock old school, you can do that no problem with any used gun.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryface View Post
Also you could argue that the stock configuration was not ideal, and to make it truly 'blast faces' you need to swap out quite a few parts. I understand your part. I'm not one for wall hangers, all my markers are game guns. I don't abuse them, but they're not pristine.. This would be a great candidate for a display case, maybe with a patent drawing or something like that...

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
If you want to keep it NIB you should really toss some stickers on it to make it a true 90's era cocker.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP