mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelChaser View Post
Funny thing is, most refs never catch them
Most refs these days don't know 'cockers, due to the advent of spool valve guns... Most (around here) play professionally, and the last time they used a 'cocker was in their recball days, when a beavertail was the only required safety measure. I get more laughs when I bring a sniper in on a parts run to field stores than one person deserves.
Su8lime Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Most of the time I get "Oh cool - an oldschool Cocker. Hey, why are you running CO2 on that thing in the winter?" And priceless - "You can't keep the shroud on the front, because you could adjust the velocity with your front reg {LPR}."

I'm the ONLY guy at my field with a mech Cocker, let alone one with a slider trigger and unregged CO2. I actually wouldn't mind one of those "cheater" cocking rods.

And Carter - I'm still a Cocker owner because my Blazer doesn't work either.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Most of the time I get "Oh cool - an oldschool Cocker. Hey, why are you running CO2 on that thing in the winter?" And priceless - "You can't keep the shroud on the front, because you could adjust the velocity with your front reg {LPR}."
I tend to get "what's that dildo-looking thing on your pnuematics?", two which I respond "CCM pump kit." Every once in a while I'll find a knowledgeable guy (maybe 30ish, still a kid, but not a moron) who'll start telling me how nice my old cockers are, but that they're really outdated and I need a $1400 Ego. Oh well
Su8lime Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su8lime Paitnball View Post
I tend to get "what's that dildo-looking thing on your pnuematics?", two which I respond "CCM pump kit." Every once in a while I'll find a knowledgeable guy (maybe 30ish, still a kid, but not a moron) who'll start telling me how nice my old cockers are, but that they're really outdated and I need a $1400 Ego. Oh well

I've had a few comments like that - once I get on the field, the tone changes. Nothing like a Cocker cycling at 8 BPS to make a newbie turn around and go "Whuuuuuutttt!!!?"

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Quote:
I've had a few comments like that - once I get on the field, the tone changes. Nothing like a Cocker cycling at 8 BPS to make a newbie turn around and go "Whuuuuuutttt!!!?"

Jordan
They're just afraid the darned thing is going to rattle appart and kill someone.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Is true. Back Block Mojo is one thing, but a fast-firing 'Cocker looks downright ramshackle...

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
They're just afraid the darned thing is going to rattle appart and kill someone.
At least I don't have to worry about shooting myself in the face with my bolt. (Blazer, anyone? )

Jordan

Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
I'm still a Cocker owner because my Blazer doesn't work either.

Jordan
Funny, That's the same reason I sold the Blazer and bought a Mag.

Jay

Live or play near Metro STL? Organizing monthly pump meetups at the many different fields near STL. Check out "STL Pump Group" on Facebook for more info.

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
epz-browncoat

I am not sure if this falls into the same idea but I stumbled across this a few weeks ago. It is the ACI Nelson Based Hammer KIt, it has the adjusting knob instead of a cocking rod.
I found it at bulldog paintball (link is below) I don't how current the website is, thought I would share.
ACI Nelson Based Hammer Kit - $30.00 : Bulldog Paintball, Play with the Big Dogs
matt502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su8lime Paitnball View Post
Most refs these days don't know 'cockers, due to the advent of spool valve guns... Most (around here) play professionally, and the last time they used a 'cocker was in their recball days, when a beavertail was the only required safety measure. I get more laughs when I bring a sniper in on a parts run to field stores than one person deserves.
I always get admiration when I show of my old school sniper when I take it to the local paintball store. Youngsters think its cool, like they never knew a pump existed.

Its funny. Back in the day if you walked on a field with a semi, some one would yell at you, "no semi's on the walkon field" and people gave you looks and thought they were stupid, now you walk on with a pump and you get the looks ect.

So weird.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there was something else for velocity adjusting. I have one from ANS laying around. there is a little tool, and you drill the cocking rod hole out a bit and it fits right in and adjusts the velocity with out taking the cocking rod out. Also, you can just cock the back block back and do it that way if you don't want to drill the back block.

I'd sell it, but I can't find the little tool. Here is a web site that has something similar.

ACI Nelson Based Hammer Kit - $30.00 : Bulldog Paintball, Play with the Big Dogs

My Feedback

Last edited by Mindless_Chaos; 01-11-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP