mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Avid Collector!

Anyone own one or played a bit with one? I'm tempted to get one, just because I'm a gun whore and trying to break 150 different markers.

I've been shooting Cockers since I played with a Prototype Cocker in '92. Their "coolness factor" will NEVER go away for me! While I don't consider the SR a TRUE Cocker, I'm still tempted to grab one, but would like to know more before I drop the money.
AK-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm with AK-Jake on this one. I somewhat can see the justification of dishing out the money but only, like I said earlier, if the gun is plain awesome and every component is top notch. I'm glad to hear the board is high quality, but I'm concerned about shot-count. For example, if it lasts as long as the dreaded SF frame, I will pass until a company like Rampage makes a board for it. I'm also waiting to see if someone makes a different frame for it. I'm still not sure I will like the current one.

There is that other review on PB Nation...pics were so-so and still ultimately told you nothing

Oh well, I'm rambling on...just gotta wait for that MCB review!
Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

what info are you wanting on the SR?

The board is programd by Tadao - so that is a good thing.

And it is true that the only real advancements are the enclosed gasket sealed front block- it is smaller than I expected- the ram noid and lpr are smaller than previous ones- it is about as light overall as my jeff orr LE series 1, and thats light. It feels solid and well built.

What kind of info are you looking for in a review?
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

See I didn't know that the board was programmed by Tadao, and yes, that is a good thing. I have used the SF frame in the past and it seemed I was replacing the battery after every day of play - maybe only getting 2000 shots or more out of it before the low battery light started flashing. Battery life is one of my biggest concerns.

To be honest, as far as reviews go, I'm waiting for someone to post an in depth review here in the review section before I even consider the marker. The only reviews I read was on pbnation and it was OK overall. It really didn't get into depth on the marker.

I'm still skeptical - but I hope that will change soon in the future as people begin toying with it.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Aye, I am close to getting one, I just have to sell one of my current markers then I can justify getting one- and I want to do a review...so I am just wondering that aspects etc is everyone seeking from a review.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Okay, just got my SR in today - what type of stuff do you all want from a review?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Uh off the top of my head:
Battery life, easiness to program, the new front block - work easy is it to disassemble and maintain, break beam eyes - from the pictures ive seen they look like they are taped in place or something, overall quality control, etc, etc. high resolution photos and maybe some videos showing the changing of modes and how the marker preforms on each.

I feel like I'm getting picky. I might post some more as I think about it.

Thanks Xadion. Your review might be all I need to flop down the cash!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

I will be getting a full video review once I can get some reballs etc to make it worth it, less peeps will be happy with dry fire eyes off.

Thus far the battery has not moved a notch, and its been cycled alot- it started at 50% it was some old energizer- I put in a new low end walgreens generic and it was 100% shot it at 25BPS full auto and i could tell the sear noid was sounding diff, put back in the energizer and it sounded better- the mannual does state they recomend high quality batterys-

The new front block is nice, its small, alot smaller than the pics make it seem- the mannual that comes with the marker is extreamly nice and detailed and goes thru the disection of the front block manifold- imo its no more complex than the eblades...easyer because of how the gaskets are.

the eyes and detends are taped on with alittle circle tape deal - but this is just to hold them down for the side pannels to be put on- so realy the side panels hold it all in, the tape just holds it in place alittle- and you get extra ones in your -->

--> supplied tool kit rocks! extra of everything and every alenkey you could need to take the thing apart, only thing missing is a philips head screwdriver- extra gasket, 4 sticker things 2 detends, and a full rebuild or 2 of orings (I have never needed to replace orings in any of my cockers) the kit is nice

Quality controll: okay get ready..."Made in Taiwan" yes...why? they have a rediculious awsome facility in cali?! maybe they wanted to keep the cost down to 600$ (same msrp as the jeff orrs and they are useing stockhoused gripframes rams etc) but this thing feels solid, very solid- the pannels fit nice and snug to the body they are like one- looks good and feels solid all around. My ASA pin i think is too long and even with the knob screwed off it acts like a normal screw in tank asa- this is my only problem, and could happen to any other marker as most of the time the stock asa is the least of their focus-

the case is also a nice bonus- wish the barrell was smaller bore (689 aint bad though) the barrel looks simple (fits the smooth curves of the marker) but is nicely finished and compatable with current kaner kits.

The screen: I was scared it would be small, crappy and hard to read- well its small but its clear, nice, bright and oddly easy to read! the menu navigation is simple the "wheel" is more of a directional pad- up- down and press - its super easy to change the modes, set the BPS set the start ramp bps and everything- again the very nice mannual guides you thru anything you want.

the on / off button on mine works nicely- have heard one other reviewer say his needed to be pressed on.off and broken in alittle- mine works great- the colored leds on it are nice and the eye on/off is easy and simple.

its crazy fast lol

this is not really a review, spelling etc sucks sorry- I will make a full review with pics and some vids- any more questions or more specifics in those areas let me know.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Avid Collector!

What parts of it are plastic? That's the thing that scares me most of all are the plastic parts. I had originally been told that the ENTIRE GUN was made out of plastic, but I can see that it's an aluminum frame with what appears to be plastic side-panels on it. True?

How comfy is the grip? It looks terribly uncomfortable, but I'm still curious nonetheless.
AK-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

just the side eye/pump arm covers are plastic- the grips to me are very comfy, not fully 90* but not fully a 45* its a mix that to me is very nice and easy to hold shoot and meanuver the gun with.

the plastic side panels blend in with the marker very nicely.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP