mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

SR Finally Released!

OK, so I was cruising through actionvillage.com and I saw they have the SR in stock.

Didn't see a post here so I thought I'd break the news - I might not have since I haven't been on the forums here in quite some time.

Worrgames Autococker SR paintball gun - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

Still waiting for the reviews to come in though. Will see if this gun saves the company - and as a WGP fan - I hope that new frame is plain awesome.
Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
p8ntd dawrld & thensum

That new frame makes me want to puke... The YouTube videos of it firing were quite fast though.
PsychoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I checked one out at BPS Indoor several weeks ago...

The frame and trigger may look ugly, but they're comfortable as all hell and I honestly think that you can walk the trigger faster and more comfortably than the gun would ever be capable of firing. It's feels like an AGD y-frame that's been mated with an old-style humpbacked Timmy frame, and the action reminds me of and early 90* Angel.

I know the cocker market has suffered, but this seems to be a nice attempt to stay afloat (i.e. this maybe not be a Karnivor, but it also ain't no Trilogy)
Su8lime Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I posted this in the Dead Zone a while ago. More negative comments than positive, but I would love to try one out.

Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
I took a tech class on the SR over the weekend at Paintball Extravaganza 2008 in Atlanta GA.

Jeff Orr walked us through complete disassembly/reassembely of the SR. I was quite impressed. The grip frame is ergo and comfortable. No more hoses/barbs/qev's to leak, timing issues, etc. Price point is another positive IMO. High quality board in it too built by a major mfg in the business. Lots of aftermarket goodies coming out soon too.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Looks like it was made for kids with small hands... I need meat on the sides, or I start cramping up.

So, they going the route of the Cellphone companies then? Smaller, and does more stuff than shoot ?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Looks like it was made for kids with small hands... I need meat on the sides, or I start cramping up.

So, they going the route of the Cellphone companies then? Smaller, and does more stuff than shoot ?

Its not too bad.

I have large hands and it felt alright at rest and in a shooting stance. The grip frame did take me aback at first.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I like the look. Actually, I've always liked the look of the Trilogies, much more clean and organized then the sloppy cockers of the 90s.

But the SR line seems destined to end up like the Smart Parts 4X4 Shocker. Smart Parts advertised the SHocker as the "Greatest thing on the planet". Then later released the Impulse as a lower-end electro. Sales of the Shocker vanished overnight.

WGP now makes a VS2 sytle STBB, and a ION-style spooler. Plus its parent company makes tippmann clones, Suddenly the SR seems like clunky old technology that doesnt offer any advantage over the other guns that WGP/BE sells, yet costs much more.

Plus, most players today started playing after Cockers started loosing there "coolness" factor.

nic

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lightly seasoned

Palmers Fan
I'd get one if they were cheaper.

It really doesn't do anything my Cocker can't - it's not worth $600 to me for a Cocker without hoses.

Are they mechanical or electro?

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
I agree Jordan. Price point is a bit high.

They are electros.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP