mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
How to put a pump on your Trilogy.

How to put a Pump Kit on your Trilogy:

This article will show you step by step how to install a pump kit on your Trilogy. I am using the PMP Pump kit (for a full review of the PMP Pump Kit - Check HERE for the Hooptie Trilogy Pump Kit - Check HERE) and I have replicated the instructions sent from PMP with only a few changes.

Tools and Materials Needed:

1) 7/16th Box wrench or Crescent Wrench.
2) Needle Nose Pliers.
3) 1/8th inch Allen Key.
4) 3/16th deep well socket and wrench.
5) Marker Oil.

Step By Step Installation:

1. Remove the air source and make sure the marker is entirely de-gassed.
2. Remove the barrel.<br />
3. Using a 1/8th allen wrench, remove the beavertail.

4. Unscrew the cocking rod; remove the pull pin, and bolt.

5. Remove back block by unscrewing it from the pump arm

6. Remove the three-way hoses from the regulator, ram and three- way. Take care not to damage any of the hoses when removing them. Use a pair of needle nose pliers, twist them once you have grasped the hose, and then pull straight away from the barb.

7. Unscrew the low pressure regulator, while carefully watching for the washer and spring inside, they may fall out. You don't need the washer - but you do need the spring and valve seat. Take care to see what order these are in.

8. Using a small crescent wrench or the 7/16th box wrench and turn the ram clockwise (if viewed from the front) approximately ¼ turn, to allow for more room to remove the ram 3-way barb.

9. Using a small crescent wrench or a 3/16th socket, unscrew the side ram barb, so that the ram can be removed.

10. Using a wrench, loosen the ram remove it. When using a wrench on your paintball marker, care must be taken not to damage the finish.

11. Making sure that the internals are correctly in place, put a small drop of gun oil on the o-ring and threads if the pump guide. Then thread the PMP Pump Guide into the regulator hole of the marker. Insert a large allen wrench or screwdriver shaft (I tend to use the cocking rod - as pictured) through the hole in the pump guide to help you tighten it. DO NOT over tighten, this may permanently damage your marker!

12. Take off the frame screws in order to slide the 3 way rod out of the body. This step is not necessary - but it makes the marker look cleaner.

13. Insert the pump handle over the pump guide, making sure that the pump arm passes through the ram fitting hole on the marker.

14. Thread the back block onto the pump arm and insert the bolt, push pin, and cocking rod.

15. Reinstall the beavertail.

16. Pump the marker and dry fire it to make sure the action is not binding.

17. Reinstall your air source and check for leaks.

18. Chronograph your marker and make certain your velocity is within safe limits (check your local field for velocity requirements).

This is it - the conversion is easy and only takes a minimal knowledge of tools. This conversion took me about 15 minutes.

Good Luck,

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
So all the hoses are disconnected, and none reconnected
Wanted: Axes

Last edited by Drachen; 01-09-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

No, the hoses are removed completely. You can leave the barbs in place on the 4-way (I find it helps keep junk out of there better), but it doesn't get used at all.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Alright, thanks.
Wanted: Axes
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nice Tutorial Tal! I hope my pictures for the Sandridge Manual turn out as nicely as those.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Those are really excellent photographs. Normally when someone posts threads like this there's a horrible carpet or desk in the background. These are incredibly well-lit with no distractions.

The text is great, too, don't get me wrong. It's just refreshing to see nice pictures.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Anyone else noticed how easy it would be to make a pneumatic assist Trilogy pump?

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMor View Post
Those are really excellent photographs. Normally when someone posts threads like this there's a horrible carpet or desk in the background. These are incredibly well-lit with no distractions.

The text is great, too, don't get me wrong. It's just refreshing to see nice pictures.
Mondo.

Thanks - I am really glad you noticed and I am really proud of these ones. It has taken a while and some experimentation.

I built a lightbox for my tutorials and the like - and now I am getting how to use it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Talfuchre. You and your team are obviously demanding of your pumps, do you think the Trilogy tactical is a worthwhile pump conversion? Obviously its not a CCM, but is it so far down that its not worth it? Is it even comparable to a Phantom?

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post245068

My eBay ID: kanal666
Carl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP