mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Generic cocker?

What's up with these? Looks like kinda like a ProStock without the WGP jewels and a crappier frame/ASA. Wouldn't be a bad price if not for the Great Cocker Inventory Purge of 2007.

Air Challenger MG601 Auto-Cocking Paintball Marker (Black) Air Challenger MG601

What happened to the good ole days of Dye, Eclipse, AKA, etc making cockers, another sign that WGP is dying a slow pain(t)ful death.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGeeks.com
This paintball marker not only is reliable but also adds the convenience of an auto-cocker, so you wont miss that shot trying to reload again!
Huh?

Either way, it looks like they're the same people who make the Rex M-1, and here's the PBreview.com info about their cocker: Air Challenger Cocker M-1 | Paintball Review | pbreview.com which is surprisingly listed as a "High-End Mechanical Marker"... And here I thought my Stroker was a highend, eh

Anyway, I also found this little gem on their site: Air Challenger EG802 Electric Paintball Marker (Blue) Air Challenger EG802

First glance; no eyes, dual detents, 18bps board (probably won't actually reach 18...). Not bad for $50, and I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's an ICD clone of some type, either way I just ordered one for "testing purposes" and I'll report back with details once it arrives. I cheaped out on shipping
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Yeah, I liked that bit too...although I'm pretty sure Smart Parts has already patented auto-reloading markers. Also: "Available in blue,red,black to red fade, black to blue fade, or black to green fade." Isn't the picture of an all black marker??

Good luck with the electro, looks like a JABB with an e-frame to me, it does resemble the Promaster quite a bit too. I was actually browsing computergeeks.com because I saw something on the Tippy forums about them having Triumphs for $30 (). I saw both markers and clicked the mechanical cocker first...I guess I phail at being agg.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Yeah, I liked that bit too...although I'm pretty sure Smart Parts has already patented auto-reloading markers. Also: "Available in blue,red,black to red fade, black to blue fade, or black to green fade." Isn't the picture of an all black marker??

Good luck with the electro, looks like a JABB with an e-frame to me, it does resemble the Promaster quite a bit too.
Nice find on your part, still. My shipped price for the (yes, I agree it's some form of JABB with an eFrame, very JT looking) was $52.75, so it'll be an interesting toy. Considering that a blind eSpyder is still $70 at WallyWorld, it's a decent price for junk. I've got a collection of "loaners" that were all "too good to pass up" deals, including $50 WGP Trilogies, $120 Promasters, and $65 2k PGPs.

I know these guys used to make the E-1, and I'd like to hunt one down... Su8lime had one a while back, and it was basically a blind 2k5 Shocker with different milling. Certainly decent bang for your buck, considering a blind Ion costs $150 these days, and a the E-1 was $115.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
It'll be interesting to see if it's fully Spyder compatible, or is one of those half-Spyder half-Piranha ones. Depending on the frame I guess you could throw a T board in it and drill it for eyes, and still have spent $100 on it. But even $50 is a pretty sweet deal for a loaner!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just so you guys know. Air Challenger made the later Freeflow bodies when Pro-Paintball was coming to an end. They're Taiwanese and the aluminum isn't that great a grade. The back blocks on the FF lotus and FF rhythm bodies from them tended to strip out quickly.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
WGP whore

Yeah but for a cheap loaner gun that there are millions of barrels for, 100 bucks ain't bad. Just switch out the back block and don't put an eblade on it.

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallen702 View Post
Just so you guys know. Air Challenger made the later Freeflow bodies when Pro-Paintball was coming to an end. They're Taiwanese and the aluminum isn't that great a grade. The back blocks on the FF lotus and FF rhythm bodies from them tended to strip out quickly.
I didn't know about the backblocks stripping, but I did know that the stock anno quality was bad, and was so thin at points that it turned black and oxidized. They've still got FF bodies for sale, you know.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Evertek Wholesale Computer Parts - Air Challenger MG601 Auto-Cocking Paintball Marker (Black) , MG601-BLK

Even better deal, you can buy in lots of 5+ (up to a pallet of 360! But they only have 29 in stock) for $97 each. Anyone want to start a field?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when you could pick up a 'cocker or fast electro for a c-note. Not too long ago that cheap 'cocker would have sold for four times that price and that electro would have been probably $600. This is madness (or maybe it's Sparta, I'm not sure yet).

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP