mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lightly seasoned

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Thanks bro... I'll putz with it later. Is the schrader valve in there as a check valve?

I may have a rock coming in as a replacement... but if I get this working expect to see the rock for sale.

E

I think the valve is what makes the whole thing work. I've had both apart (the FGP and the KAPP) and there aren't a whole lot of parts in there. The way the adjuster is threaded allows for very little movement of the internals with a gross movement of the adjuster - I believe that's how it works, although I've not sat down and checked it out just yet. I'm an information junkie, but even I'm not that bad yet.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

The schrader valve is something else.... the spring and big chunk-o-brass are what regulate the pressure output. By turning the dial you change the tension on the spring... this spring tension works against the air pressure to create the lower output pressure..... If you really wanted I could draw you a Free Body Diagram (Engineering talk for force diagram) that shows how the forces and parts interact... but I really don't want to.

I seriously think the schrader valve is just a check valve to keep pressure in the lpr incase there is an upstream/supply side loss of pressure.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lightly seasoned

Palmers Fan
Just pulled the FGP apart - the only thing in there is a piston to depress the Schrader valve, and the Schrader valve itelf. No spring.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Hmmmmm ....Any reg (HP or LPR) that I've ever taken apart has had a spring or springs between the adjuster and the piston.

I wonder why the FGP doesn't have a spring.

E
Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Was re-thinking the schrader valve... it really is a mystery to me why it's there. Basically for the LPR to receive air, the reg piston has to be pressing against the schrader pin... so if you have the reg turned all the way down, the lpr doesn't get air (and the pnues don't work).... you turn the reg up, moving the piston against the schrader pin, and the schrader starts letting air in.

In water supply we use valves sometimes to assist in pressure reduction and flow restriction ... I'm thinking that's why the schrader is there.... but the reg piston and reg spring do the major work on regulating the pressure.

Interesting and seemingly over complicated.

E
Old 04-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

I have been following this thread as I am new to cockers and and I also have a leaky L.P.R. Mine leaks out the centre hole of my adjustment knob though. I took mine apart last nightand found a nick out of the o-ring. I also flipped over the seal on the pin side of the L.P.R. The leak now is barely a whisper but I think once I replace the o-ring it will be gone. Schmitti, do you work in water treatment? Did you take engineering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Moose... I'm a (thumps chest) Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in PA and NY. Currently I work for NYSDEC... but I have done work in water supply, land development and environmental remediation work.

I hope to put some air to the FUBO box tonight.

E
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Every time you flush your toilet, Schmitti's head gets bigger...

Take a bow, water boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Nah... I don't deal with waste water.... and a half gallon flush when compared to a 2 Million gallon per day taking.... nothing.. I don't notice

E
Old 04-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

I took civil as well, never bothered with my ring though, ended up in structural design. Now your valve leaking out the base I would have to believe the o-ring must have a nick, or the outer casing of the L.P.R. could be deformed ever so slightly. Just an idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP