mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Leaky LPR... need some assistance

I threw a KAPP pre mounted frontblock on my pre 99 sniper... have all the rods attached and am ready to time it.

I have a Palmer stab in the vertical asa... and for right now I'm running a remote into the stab. I gas things up and I get leaking from the stab and the lpr.

It seems like the leak in the lpr is from the base where the ano'd aluminum shell screws down onto the nickle "nut" base.

LPR looks like this (mine is blue and is the later twist fluted style)

Name:  xp1280a-grn.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  46.5 KB

I didn't have a whole lot of time to fart around..especially when things went to poop.. but I was able to get the back block to cycle.

Any hints on the leaks... my next step was to try the old oil in the asa and then pressurize.

Also.. with these lpr's... when timing do I screw the lpr adjuster all the way in, or back it out first and then adjust until it cycles. I tried both ways and it still leaked.

At this rate I may need to mail this to someone soon that is going to EMR for castle that can take a look at it (hopefully fix it) and get it timed.

Thanks for your help.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post

Any hints on the leaks... my next step was to try the old oil in the asa and then pressurize.

Thanks for your help.

E
Yeah, it's called a 'rock'

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yeah well the hardly if ever used nickle stab Drum traded me is leaking also... and the nice Palmer gauge doesn't work either. So Palmer bits on that gun right now are not winning.

E
Old 04-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
agh, you have a 'Host Rejection' problem.

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Is there an o-ring on that lpr adjuster?

And have you tried the "dunk the stab in oil" trick yet?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

yeah... think the gun may be going back to a pump.... and I'll save the pnues for something else.... grrrr

Azzy .... I have noe idea. the pnues were already mounted so taking the bits apart will be hard without removing hoses.... and I have not tried oiling the stab yet.. that's the next step.

E
Old 04-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
There's an o-ring there - try tightening down the body of the LPR.

That KAPP LPR will work fine - if it craps out, I've got another one you can have. But try the tightening trick first, or replace the o-ring.

Your best bet is to set the LPR once you gas it up - dial it down so there's no pressure to the pneumatics, pull the trigger back so you know when you've got enough pressure to cycle the gun, and turn it up enough that it takes the backblock back far enough to latch the sear. 1/4 to 1/2 turn past that should keep it cocking reliably. NEVER turn it all the way in - good way to blow hoses.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

Last edited by Jordan; 04-09-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

So by turning the pressure down, you mean tunr the screw out (loosen it) ?

Took the lpr apart last night and the o-ring looks in good shape... I oiled it nicely and will add some gas to it tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.

So did anyone else know that there is a schrader valve in the base of these? I open it up and here's this little pin... I'm thinking "now wtf is that for? Oh.. it's a schrader valve" But that would mean that I would have to have the lpr adjusted in enough to push the schrader valve open... very strange.

E
Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
So by turning the pressure down, you mean tunr the screw out (loosen it) ?

Took the lpr apart last night and the o-ring looks in good shape... I oiled it nicely and will add some gas to it tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.

So did anyone else know that there is a schrader valve in the base of these? I open it up and here's this little pin... I'm thinking "now wtf is that for? Oh.. it's a schrader valve" But that would mean that I would have to have the lpr adjusted in enough to push the schrader valve open... very strange.

E
Yup - there's a Schrader valve in there. I've got the exact one here in my parts box. Shocktech's FGP LPR uses a Schrader valve as well - makes them easy to rebuild.

Yeah - turn the screw out to lower the pressure.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Thanks bro... I'll putz with it later. Is the schrader valve in there as a check valve?

I may have a rock coming in as a replacement... but if I get this working expect to see the rock for sale.

E

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP