mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

AKA Lightening Bolt/Jam bolt Question

I know AKA has great parts with great quality. To my understanding, they put a lot of research into the airway angles, and that's what gave them a performance boost when they first came out. My question is, do they still hold an edge over other bolts? I'm working on a 2k cocker, and am looking for the best performance possible. I snatched up a Jam bolt for real cheap the other day. If the Jam bolt performs just as good as an AKA, then I don't have to worry about chopping and my lpr pressure as much. If there's a significant performance differnce though, I'll just stick with the AKA.

Also, has anybody had rubbing issues with an aluminum Jam bolt? The one I have is rubbing on top, and there's wear marks from the previous owner there. The orings seem a bit thin on it though, so I might try putting some thicker orings on it.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FatalKitty Send a message via MSN to FatalKitty Send a message via Yahoo to FatalKitty

the main performance boost you'll get from any bolt is reduced cycle time for lighter bolts and less kick. The other way a bolt will help is the way the air is directed at the ball, a wider pattern will reduce stress (venturi) and reduce the possibility of breaks in the chamber due to air impacting the ball.
I have yet you be able to try out my AKA lightning bolt in my '99 but I've heard nothing but good things about AKA and the lightning bolt.
as for rubbing, that tends to be a common issue with any bolt. even my AKA rubs and has wear marks. this is why people polish their internals. just keep running oil as you should and all will be well.
FatalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

When the AKA bolts first came out, they were a real step above, and thier still great. I just didn't know if other bolts had caught up.

The rubbing is pretty bad at the moment, it makes a screeching noise that makes me cringe (aluminum bolt).

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
Old 11-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Mine is awesome. Josh shot me with my AKA Lightening equipped cocker on Sunday. I still wear the bruises.

nkontu... we will get your cocker rockin' soon. I'll bring some extra regs.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FatalKitty Send a message via MSN to FatalKitty Send a message via Yahoo to FatalKitty

it's POURING rain. are you still going to play? I know I AM!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
CHEERS!

It's supposed to be partly cloudy on Sunday... but not raining.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

well cool then!
I check my tracking numbers and NONE of my stuff is going to be here by sunday, which makes me so mad but at least I got my marpat

I am assuming that the lightning bolt takes the same o-rings as any other 'cocker bolt because I will at least have my rebuild kit tomorrow so I can have o-rings in the gun
Old 11-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think I used tank rings on my old one, but it was on a '99 STO, so it may be differnt then yours.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP