mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Installing an AT on a sniper? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/6332-installing-sniper.html)

cupofnoodles 11-11-2006 07:52 AM

Installing an AT on a sniper?

Can anyone provide a tutorial with a list of parts/tools needed?

-v

Painthappy 11-11-2006 08:52 AM

You basically need to removed your safety, and insert this "L" shaped rod that has a slight bent in the long section, and a notch in the bottom that goes into the safety.

On the pump arm, you add two screws/bolts that attach to the arm that keeps the rod in place and moving back and forth.

It is the exact same setup as any sheridan pmi gun out there, as the sniper is a sheridan gun.

I'll try and take some pictures as I have a few of these kits lying around.

NOW

As to make one? Hmmmm.... I'm not sure I have a tutorial, but all and all it seems simple enough once you have the right tools and pieces.

Let me see what I can dig up for pictures, and the like.

Stainlessbutcher 11-11-2006 09:51 AM

Hey Carter, got any of those kits you wanna sell?

Butcher

Jaan 11-11-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainlessbutcher (Post 54793)
Hey Carter, got any of those kits you wanna sell?

Ditto :)

cupofnoodles 11-11-2006 06:17 PM

you can buy one off CCM... but it's expensive new.

the problem for me is I don't have access to a drill press or any tools needed to get the lever to fit into the safety.

-v

an intriguing idea... a mech cocker with AT... would that make it full auto if you held the trigger?

Duzzy 11-11-2006 06:34 PM

Probably not, you need to pull the trigger to activate the 3-way on a mechanical Autococker in order for it to cycle (The same action is accomplished by a pump on a Sniper). Without some other means of activating the 3-way for every shot I don't think that an auto-trigger would work.

Jari Kurri 11-12-2006 06:06 AM

But wouldnt it allow you to just pull on the 3-way with the trigger, as there would be no need for it to release the sear? That could give a very smooth trigger pull.

aqua_scummm 11-12-2006 11:33 AM

I think Sniper ATs just reset the trigger enough to reset the sear, not enough to cycle a 4way– unless it was very nice and very will timed. Even then, I doubt you would give the marker a full cycle.

Duzzy 11-12-2006 12:22 PM

Another point to consider is that unless the Autotrigger physically moves the trigger forward and back (Which seems silly because if that's the case you might as well do it with your finger...) then the 4-way will be stuck in one position with the back-block back and you won't have anyway to cycle it forward.

I hope that made some sense...

aqua_scummm 11-12-2006 02:06 PM

I think ATs on sheridans reset the trigger forward, like a response trigger. instead of a safety not letting you pull the trigger, it acts on the same design pushing it forward.