mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Best autococker out there

I am in the market for a autococker used or new does not matter. What is the best autococker out there?
archpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

One that is timed.

Seriously, though, there is a new Shocktech SFL that is being released that has quite a buzz.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

"Best autococker out there" is physically impossible to answer. Too many variables.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The SFL! it's pretty much the only new one!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg View Post
One that is timed.
That COMPLETELY sums it up. I might add the word well after "timed" though.

If you want a kick butt autococker your absolute best bet right now is to buy the brand new shocktech SFL because you never quite know what you are getting when you buy a used cocker. Most of the time (almost always) I have had to do some tinkering to make the cockers I buy work well.

But the question is totally answerable. Any autococker set up decently is fantastic. Not many are set up decently.

But you are basically guaranteed that the new SFL from buyshocktech.com is set up perfectly. I would get the version with a regulator for 699, toss a wedgited barrel on, adjust velocity and smile the day away.

Or find a nice looking cocker body and send it to PPS and let them build the whole thing for you. It will probably end up costing close to 699 but they do wonderful work on autocockers.

They may be a bit low on things like timing rods and trigger plates these days, but they would tell you that. Good cocker mojo is hard to come by.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I put forth that the SFL is not the best. Probably not even close. Sure it's new and all that, but that in no way makes it the best. I'd have to give "best 'cocker" to DeathOfAllThings' Merlin of Doom.

Of course, I may be taking your question a bit too litarally, as you really have no chance of owning that marker. Just new off the shelf, the Shocktech may very well be the way to go, but my point is if you want the best, build it to exactly how you like it.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
I put forth that the SFL is not the best. Probably not even close. Sure it's new and all that, but that in no way makes it the best. I'd have to give "best 'cocker" to DeathOfAllThings' Merlin of Doom.
Yeah, I'll agree there. That is one of the absolute sweetest custom cockers out there. The only other would be some of the custom half-blocked Karnis I've seen. Anyway, here's my two cents: You did not say electronic or mechanical autococker. That divides the market, plain and simple. For a mechanical, in all honesty, save money and buy a Trilogy from ANSGear that's like $50. No, you can't upgrade it that much but what you can change is well worth it: barrel, inline reg, LPR, bolt, internals (from PPS), and so on. You can even change the trigger frame and put on an adjustable timing rod from TechT to give you the frame of choice and trigger pull. However, I'd leave the stock one on there because I think the non-adjustable timing rod is great. All your timing corrections are in one place: the hammer lug. No more adjusting two items to perfect your cocker. I have a Trilogy. It's like any other cocker out there except that it's not as "cool" as other cockers. Plus it's lighter.

As for electronic cockers....I would stay away. Your going to pay quite a bit of money for one, and trying to find the E2 frame with a ZeroB board is going to be harder. Personally, I've just had bad luck with the reflective eye going out and other small quirks that makes shooting an electro cocker....well, let's say it's left a bad taste in my mouth. If I may recommend, shoot a cocker as a mechanical and have at it. If you want electro, another brand.

Geisterjager veteran OK D-Day. Making Allied players sorry for choosing blue is our specialty.
Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...oodmerlin1.jpg

Of course, I may be taking your question a bit too litarally, as you really have no chance of owning that marker. Just new off the shelf, the Shocktech may very well be the way to go, but my point is if you want the best, build it to exactly how you like it.
nah, it can't be best, its just a hacked up electro .

with autocockers theres no such thing, its all prefernce
Old 02-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

In terms of stock mechanical cockers I think for WGP, the 2004 prostock is about the best quality cocker they made. The dye reflexes were also pretty solid stock cockers.

But agreed, there's no such thing as a best cocker, way too many variables.
2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

I would have to say if someone made a doc's fastback with eyes and mq2...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP