mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-04-2006, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to paintballwannab

autococker trilogy's

hello, i've owned a few autocockers here and there and i'm soon to be getting a trilogy in a trade
are these decent?
i noticed theres no front block at all
the 3 way is built in

anyway just looking for some information and peoples opinions on them

thanks
paintballwannab
paintballwannab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

The few I have seen/shot worked great but I have heard conflicting reviews. They are you entry level equal to spyders and such but in a 'cocker format. Ive always felt mech cocker should be priced just the same.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

The sport is set up to work off straight CO2 or HPA. It's just a gas through grip. The Comp and Pro both use regs.

I got talked out of buying one by the fact that cockers pretty much need a barrel kit. Since then I've gotten one but the sale price is over and they aren't getting any more.

I've seen some bad writeups on them from the serious cocker fans who tend to look down their noses at it because of the non adjustable 3 way. BUt if you think about it you can still adjust it all to achieve as tight a timing as any other cocker. The only difference is that you need to alter your steps adn to time it around the 3 way switch points. But if you do that and then adjust the trigger position to avoid unneeded travel outside of the firing and cocking points then I think you can achieve just as tight a trigger travel as with a regular cocker. The only difference in the end is that you can't place the trigger travel where you want it. So you need to adjust to where the 3 way insists the trigger be placed.

Or you can buy one of the 3way rods that is adjustable....

I like the concept of the no front block. Sure makes for a cleaner and probably lighter setup. And with a proper barrel I don't see why the Trilogy can't throw paint as well as any other cocker.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Havocx

There are kits out there that allow the timing rod to be adjusted and also kits to change the LPR. I had one for a bit but wanted a pump and at that time no one made the kit. It shoots nice like a cocker, its pretty fast for a low end gun.
Havocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

yeah i saw the pump kits last night i've been wanting to play with a pump for a while and started making pump kits for my mag and my 98 but maybe i'll just buy a pump kit for that and be done with it =]

thanks for the info guys
Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

I received one in trade.
They seem decent.
I took off the gas-through and wanted to run a tank vertically but the asa does not have a depressor pin. Must use a tank with an on/off.

The valve spring is very long. The hammer spring is similar to what I'm used to but I'm not sure that it is correct as the IVG is screwed in almost all the way.

The trigger frame is the single trigger swing. I prefer it over the full size one but would rather have a slider.

I'm gonna get a pump kit and run it that way.

Dan
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

The trigger is a 1.5 finger trigger which is more annoying than a 1 or 2 finger trigger since only kids hands can fit 2.

In it's stock format, it's pretty rough on the recock. Probably set in a way that won't come untimed. Palmer's sells a Rock LPR which would fix that. Can't speak for the barrel but I have plenty of other cocker barrels. I can't speak for the upgrades on the pneumatics since I got it to be a pump. It also seems a little silly to put a lot of coin in upgrading the trigger frame, pneumatics, etc. since the same money could've gotten a better WGP model from the get-go.

Other than that, it comes with a beaver tail, bottom line, and is lighter than many stock autocockers. Not a bad little gun. Especially at the price I got it for refurbished.
frederic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Got mine today in the mail, came with a DYE excel barrel and a evil barrel. I see what u mean about the 1.5 finger trigger, but i actually like it. I only use my middle finger, whether on a single trigger or double and it just happens to fit perfect on the 1.5 finger trigger.

Don't really care for the bolt, but i got a supa fly bolt around here i'm goign to put in it.

I traded a 20 gig ipod for it, which i only paid $35 for. So i feel i got a hell of a decent gun for $35.
Ebay
http://myworld.ebay.com/paintballwannab/
Mcarterbrown.com
http://mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131

I do powder coating, PM for details.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP