mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   never seen this before, pre 2k ivg? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/8362-never-seen-before-pre-2k-ivg.html)

mullet 12-26-2006 10:09 PM

never seen this before, pre 2k ivg?

Well i just started a pre 2k pump project and i bought some stuff off a guy including a pre 2k pump kit. But when he showed up it was like pre christmas he handed me a bag with 3 bodys and internals to finish 2 of them (minus a vert asa adapt that I can't seem to find) but when I got home and went to take a look at the bodys i noticed their is no ivg threading in any of them. now i have a couple post 2k cockers already and they all have threads and a threaded ivg that screws into it to adjust velocity and spring tention but these dont have anything. its as smooth as a babies bottom so i doubt they ever had any. is this a pre 2k thing (never even heard of this being like this) or are these bodies just weird? and what do you think i should do about it? i have some extra ivgs so should i just go get the bodies threaded to fit them?

thanks in advance
brandon

Titus 12-26-2006 10:25 PM

Photos brother, lets see some photos!!! :)

Walker 12-26-2006 10:35 PM

Just get pre99 IVGs for them....

Walker

wolf13 12-26-2006 10:41 PM

actually, pre 97 that was standard. 98+ wgp's were threaded

mullet 12-26-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf13 (Post 73784)

Thanks, didnt know that. So I can try to look for some probibly rare to find around here peices (its hard enough to find a pre 2k front block in this area), but do you think that i can just get it threaded and use my extra ivgs i got laying around?

As for pics ill try to get some up tommarow, and for sure when i get the marker together. I ended up finding some extra peices so one of them is going to be a cocker and one a pump. and scence 2 of them are the same bodies their gonna be twins

Walker 12-26-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf13 (Post 73784)

Thanks Wolf... I learn something new everyday!:)

Walker

cupofnoodles 12-27-2006 01:40 AM

yup it uses sheridan springs too!

i have a pre97 sniper in the work and having the same trouble =( finding spring/seal kits.

russc 12-27-2006 03:29 AM

Let's see those bodies! They probably came with IVGs, you might not be recognizing them. They look sort of like a hammer...sort of a cylinder with an internal spinning part that fits the same size wrench as in your newer IVG nuts.

Schmitti 12-27-2006 10:50 AM

My mini sniper that was converted from a mini-cocker has the slip in style v/a and is sprung with sheridan springs.... gives it a different feel....which I like.. can't stand a pump gun that doesn't require a little work to get the it cocked and loaded...Personally I feel those pumps set up with no resistance are cheating ;)

E

Tesko 12-27-2006 06:28 PM

They're commonly referred to as Dialers, and are becoming harder to find. Several aftermarket manufacturer's produced them for quite a while, thankfully. Including Eclipse and ANS.