mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

Turning my cocker into a sniper.

my pump kit will arrive tommorro and ive already stripped my cocker of its pnues. what do i need to do to put the pump kit on ? what do i need to adjust ? thanks
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

am i gunna need new springs and stuff.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Havocx

try it first some have no problem others need to be tweeked. If it sounds like toothless duck chewing peanut butter, its fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target View Post
all i could think was that the kid needs to have the agg b*tch slapped off him.
havocxs-feedback
Havocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

You're going to need to send it to Palmer's for $2500 worth of mods.

Chris, it's easy and it will take 10 minutes at the most. You shouldn't have to do anything else to it if you're keeping constant air. The only adjustment I can think of is making sure the pump rod is the right length so when you pump the gun back the bold clears the feed hole and let's balls in. But that's just common sense

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

im going to running a 12 gram threw the v/a . and i have no idea what a toothless duck chewing peanut butter sounds like lol. the cocker people over on pbn told me id have to respring it. or something. idk
Old 01-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think you will have to re-spring it if its not a pre-2k since you're going to be using unregged CO2 (12 grams).
PumpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

Think of it as tuning a cocker without having to deal with the pneumatics. You might have to re-spring, you might not. Give it a try first and see how it runs. You'll probably get a "burp" sound out of it each time you fire, and that's the hammer bouncing back and forth between the mainspring and the valve. As far as I know, there's no mass produced solution to it, but a really light hammer with a heavy mainspring might minimize it.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doicomehereoften View Post
Think of it as tuning a cocker without having to deal with the pneumatics. You might have to re-spring, you might not. Give it a try first and see how it runs. You'll probably get a "burp" sound out of it each time you fire, and that's the hammer bouncing back and forth between the mainspring and the valve. As far as I know, there's no mass produced solution to it, but a really light hammer with a heavy mainspring might minimize it.
well i screwed my 20oz right into the v/a and it shot just fine. probly the same with a 12gram
Old 01-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
well i screwed my 20oz right into the v/a and it shot just fine. probly the same with a 12gram
Yes, it'll probably shoot fine, but you may only get a few shots per cartridge. For maximum efficiency on 12 grams, you want a valvetrain that works at a higher operating pressure. Low pressure = high volume of CO2 used; high pressure = lower volume of CO2 used. When you've only got 12 grams (3/4 of an ounce, IIRC), you want to get every bit of punch you can out of each gram.

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
As always, testing is the only way to know for sure. It's best to test with paint and a chrono, see how many shots you can get out of each 12 gram, if it's not satisfactory, then it's time to start experimenting. Try mainsprings first, then valve springs, then differently weighted hammers. Write out a table that shows your results with different combinations of everything and go with the one that best suits what you're looking for. Try and do it around 70* F, so that different temperatures will have less impact on your results. Also try to keep the velocity adjuster in the same spot everytime, since that can make a difference.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP