mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 01-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Can you tell me about this reg?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Says it is an ANS Phase II. But is is decent as far as regs go? Does it work best with hpa or CO2? Any one know of good regs that work well with both, specifically 12grams? Need a gloss red or a black reg from my sniper, but I don't like the looks of this one. Any one want it?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
adult film watcher

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
they are good... they come off the ANS GX line autocockers
Modded-Like-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Looks like a standard ANS reg. They came on all the Generation X 'cockers IIRC. That's about all I have, I've never owned a Gen X.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blaze Away All Day

The internals are identical to Airgun Designs AutoMag. All you need to service the reg is a AutoMag Parts Kit, it is a fantastic reg that only neegs a few drops of oil.

Look up the AutoMag maintenance information online.

These regs are identical copies of the Air America regs which originally were manufactured out of stainless steel. The regulator design was licensed from Tom Kaye/AGD.
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blaze Away All Day

Oh i mentioned it was fantastic becuase it has a high recharge rate with a high flow rate as well, i mean it is designed by Tom Kaye and uses the same internals as an Airgun Designs Automag; unscrew the velocity adjuster and it uses a similar spring pack

(actually the Air America spring packs were reputed to be more consistant for mid-range pressure since the AutoMag is designed to run off CO2 which is high pressure at 850 psi.)

These regs are awesome for CO2 or HPA applications, and the fact i mentioned it is a great mid-range reg is evidence by the fact it has a nice CP 600psi guage
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Not sure why but for a while there I kept finding examples of this particular reg that had a horribly slow recharge rate. Nothing we ever tried seemed to fix them. I even ended up tuning one autococker to use the slow recharge to give it a bit of shoot Up. He brought it in complaining that the gun had shoot down. We tinkered with the reg for a while to no luck. So I set the reg just a bit above the valves sweet spot, so when the pressure from the reg started to drop the velocity actually climbed a bit. I had it set just right so it never gained more than like 10 fps.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blaze Away All Day

apparently the key to the regs are two things: oil on the spring pack, and making sure the "hockey puck" is clean of debris
Old 01-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was going to sell it off for something that was nicer looking, but Dover, you may have convinced me. I do like mags, and if TK designed it...I just might have to keep it. Is the velocity adjuster the same as a mag adjuster?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

i like TK's stuff, but its a horrible reg IMO. there is a reason why Air America stopped making the Unireg(which it is a direct copy but with a thumb adjuster). recharge is suspect, parts are hard to come by(you can use Mag parts, but there is a difference in the reg seats), and there are better regs out there. if you like it, i can't sway you, but i never reasoned why these regs had such a following, other than it was coloured to match the gun. its an ANS product. it might work, but not well. anyone remember the mag replacement valve regs?

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blaze Away All Day

Yes, what Nobody said is correct. When you look at the changes Planet Eclipse made to the Etek2, they replaced the Belleville spring/shim pack to a simple coil spring design.

This is noticable in other regs, such as the early Bob Long Power Reg and even current BL regs, the PMI Piranha and Pure Energy regs, and even the Ion stock reg uses a simple spring.

In fact, some people consider using a stock Ion reg over other regs...

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?