mcarterbrown.com

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Evil Omen 1.5, relative cost?

This marker has been sold. Thanks, Nox

Received what I think(after looking around a bit) is an Evil Omen 1.5, also read Special Edition somewhere... Just wondering if i have that right and what i may be able to sell it for. I may also be getting a red one with the same "splash" color scheme. Neither of them work... I think the board or something is faulty. They were both used at a show of some kind and held by models, no idea if they saw the field before that. Have the rechargeable battery but no charger or other parts than what is in the gun.

Would it be worth purchasing new electronics for it and selling or even using myself?? Mechanical all my life so no idea on these things.

Thanks a lot!
Nox

Regulator(?) says Detonator. If that means anything.

Last edited by Salty_Otter; 02-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Salty_Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
ScatterBrained

IIRC...Detonators came stock on them. Some have said they are a great value and others do so disagree.
That is indeed an Omen. Also looks to be the Special Edition 1.5 as per FeWolf's sale thread. Sad to say...in my searches of MCB...I have yet to see one that sold. Working ones are also apparently rare...

-curtis

You'd probably enjoy this:
MCB Feedback
hellbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Basically, it is an electronic closed bolt Piranha. Your first picture shows the slapper reed system on the feed. There are two of them in there, and when the bolt went back, both of them swung towards the chamber. One of them stopped mid way, the other one went all of the way to the chamber, basically slapping a paintball into the breech. When the bolt went forward, the reeds moved back to allow another paintball to fall into place. With the first generation ones, they shredded paintballs if you used a Halo hopper. I guess the hopper put too much stress on the paintballs, forcing them down, that the second reed could not handle.

The question for you is this: What will it cost to get a new board? Can you get a new board? If you can, and it won't cost you much, which they generally don't, then it could be worth it for some fun. They are fast little shooters, and could be easily underestimated in their day, since they were Bob Long, Angel, or the like. I had one when they first came out, used an Egg hopper on it, and freaked people out with how fast I could lay the paint. Like I said, it is basically a closed bolt Piranha, and people new it.
teh dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
These make great pumps. Just sayin.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to MassDestruction00 Send a message via Yahoo to MassDestruction00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
These make great pumps. Just sayin.
I agree completely, BAD semi, fun pump
MassDestruction00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I had a red splash one back a few years ago. Worked great actually. if you can find the boards they might be worth fixing just to have around really. They can be brutally fast if set up right. I had my set to debounce 5 and 25bps and it was fast as a scared cat and topped with a halo it never broke paint. The cam system when properly set up is very very good at avoiding you overshooting your loader. I ended up selling it off to a buddy of mine and felt bad since he said that about 5-6 months down the road the detonator blew up though with that said he told me he knew it would happen and already had a new reg waiting. In summary if you can find a board that works and ditch the detonator might be worth your time to have some fun with them.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbatman View Post
IIRC...Detonators came stock on them. Some have said they are a great value and others do so disagree.
@Curtis: I have only heard good things about the Detonator reg, but my experience is admittedly limited. I have only owned an Omen 1.5 for about a month now and am just basing this off local field comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbatman View Post
Sad to say...in my searches of MCB...I have yet to see one that sold. Working ones are also apparently rare...
@Isaonox: If you are interested in selling I will gladly PM you. I initially bought my black Omen 1.5 to convert to a pump, but it has proven to be a decent sleeper gun.
The Golden Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
I want more guns!

Brass N Wood Fan
these are good semis, i used this at walkons and at a big game
the only problem i had was that you have to use an egg hopper as my reloader would force feed and get balls stuck in the cam arms
you also have to tune it well but that takes about 5 mins
its a good cheap gat :3
M600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

might buy if selling!
Always looking for an evil or icd.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
might buy if selling!
Always looking for an evil or icd.
Sorry sir, sold and PayPal'd.

If I can get this one working I may have a black Omen up for grabs soon. Honestly depends on if I decide to finally try my hand at an Omen pump
The Golden Gun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?