mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Need info and appraisal on a vintage Nasty Boys playing jacket.

This "Cocky Paintball Player" jacket certainly predates all the padding clothing that started becoming standard 4 years ago.

This is a shirt/jacket with padding sewn into the arms, collar, and various points in the chest. There are no buttons anywhere, everything being velcro.

It's unused, in like-new condition, though dirty from hanging up in a store, and size Large-ish.
I'm strongly debating washing it just once on the "hand wash" setting.
I never knew something this old like this existed until I found this one.

So what's the deal with this thing? Was it made for a specific team or were they commercial available? Was it tournament-legal at the time? Are there any other pieces of clothing in the line?

Also, what would be a fair price for it?

Last edited by The Inflicted; 02-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I washed the thing to get the dust off.
I've also gone ahead and posted it on my sale page.
Has no one ever heard of the thing?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Whow Ive never seen one.. of ot was fat guy sized Id want it.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I only just heard of Nasty Boyz, and I don't have a clue about them. I know that they made a head wrap (I just got one a month or so ago), and I have seen someone else on here post up about selling a Nasty Boyz pod pack. Now, a jacket. So is it padded on the inside? Like in the chest or the arms, or shoulders or something? You mentioned something about padded clothing, which came out about a decade or so now...
teh dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had one of Nasty Boys guns, but this is also the first I'd heard they had a clothing line.

I do remember they sold masks, helmets, and assorted headgear along with the guppies, hoppers and fanny packs that they were well known for.

They were typical of an early 90s paintball company, like USI, AGS, TASO, or Kingman- Copy whatever is popular, and stick your name on it. They were around from 1990 to about 1995? Thats about the point where the "big" companies started coming into paintball pushing around everyone else, making hard to sell accessories (ie Daisy and Crosman)

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I had one of Nasty Boys guns, but this is also the first I'd heard they had a clothing line.

I do remember they sold masks, helmets, and assorted headgear along with the guppies, hoppers and fanny packs that they were well known for.

They were typical of an early 90s paintball company, like USI, AGS, TASO, or Kingman- Copy whatever is popular, and stick your name on it. They were around from 1990 to about 1995? Thats about the point where the "big" companies started coming into paintball pushing around everyone else, making hard to sell accessories (ie Daisy and Crosman)
Well that helps some.
So it was a company more than a team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh dead View Post
I only just heard of Nasty Boyz, and I don't have a clue about them. I know that they made a head wrap (I just got one a month or so ago), and I have seen someone else on here post up about selling a Nasty Boyz pod pack. Now, a jacket. So is it padded on the inside? Like in the chest or the arms, or shoulders or something? You mentioned something about padded clothing, which came out about a decade or so now...
Yes, almost the entire jacket above the bottom of the pockets has a thin layer of foam sewn in between the inner and outer layers of black ripstop. The padding is especially thick on the sleeves and in the collar. If I remember correctly the old NPPL rules regarding padding were fairly stringent, and something like this must have been skirting the edges of legality. This jacket is about as padded as today's modern DYE or JT Jerseys, possibly a little less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Whow Ive never seen one.. of ot was fat guy sized Id want it.
There's no size labeled on the jacket, but I've tried it on and it fits me like a large, or maybe a small X-large.

I've set the asking price in my sale right at $100 because I have no idea how much it's worth but I'm also fairly sure I'll never see one of these things again. It probably belongs in a display case somewhere.

I took a better picture of the logo.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Heh heh.
I just realized that I had misspelled the thread topic- "Nasty BoyZ" instead of "Nasty Boys."
I guess living in the 21st century has gotten to me.
What sort of self-respecting modern Xtreme paintball company would miss a perfectly good opportunity to spell a product line with a "Z" at the end?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

IIRC we had one of their jackets in our shop back in the early '90's when we carried their gear.We also carried their hoppers (I still have my six with the black lids- awesome!), loaders and chest vests. I own Darryl Trent's old woodland Nasty Boys chest vest that I snagged out of our "used gear" bin.

After a while we stopped carrying their stuff when we became aware of Unique packs.
sniperfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?