mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Perentie Paintball badger is what I am thinking of, the body structure.

The feedneck looks like a Assassinators feedneck.

Still hunting.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Look at the asa on the raw frame in the "pile" pick. Doesn't it look threaded, with a plug in the front? I could be wrong, but it almost looks like it could be threaded for a CO2 tank, so you could put a 3.5 on the front as an x/chamber. Similar to the Armson semi...

For the amount of effort going into CO2 expansion, its got to be a blow forward designed for full pressure CO2.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'm still puzzled by these...the fact that a "parts bin" exploded view is all we have, rather than a breakdown of one of the complete guns.

I really think it's a blow forward design. The rear valve rules out any kind of inline blowback design I can think of. The cutout below the breech seems to be for a wire detent, not a linkage rod.

The only funny bit is how it has a cocking knob, but that isn't exactly useless, especially if the gun was prone to bolt stick.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was 'Falcon', I don't know why. But I remember seeing one of these at Renick Millers original Bad Boys Toyz store in ILL. some 15 years back or so and we talked about it. But since I'm in my dotage I just can't seem to remember the details...
sugarstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I recall an English company who was making noise about having a gun "soon to come out", which was a blow-forward like a Mag, but supposed to be "better". I believe that these were what they were talking about, I saw a pic of the prototype in a vendor's booth, and there was a lot of talk about it. One of the features mentioned was the "cocking handle" seen here, which was supposed to do something that a Mag couldn't. I remember Tom Kaye sort of "poo-pooed" the design at the time.
Cool looking if you ask me, even cooler if you could get one shooting.........
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rec Poster

As above....

It was called the "Legend" and it was based on a blow forward design but sadly it was never officially released to the public,think it was due to the low BPS (around 6BPS) and it never worked as intended.

I believe the Nam wrecking crew (Pete "ROBBO" robinsons old team) were destined to shoot them at the Mayhem Masters tournament in the early 1990's.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

These are actually the second version of the Legend, the Nemesis. They have the etra milling on the valve and reg.
Although the valve may be the same as the Legend I am not sure. They are beautiful guns and the grips have always reminded me of a Semi Automatic California cobra.

I have been looking for a Legend for a long time, probably 7 years but I think I will have to settle with a Nemesis...for now!

I think I first saw Proto's picture of his Legend on his Prototypical gun guide and later have found articles in UK magazines I have collected.
With Mike's (Cannon Fodder's) help we were able to each get one of these guns but the seller wouldn't part with spares parts for some reason?

Mike sent it off to me around 2 weeks ago and I have been watching tracking ever day waiting for it to clear customs and get from the UK to California.

Finally came in today and it looks amazing. When breaking them down the gun I was surprised to find that the valve is more of an inline blowforward with a nelson style valve at the back?

Basically you cock forward the knob at top, pull the trigger, the hammer released and strikes the nelson valve and then the burst pushes the bolt forward (similar to the normal blowforward bolt) but the bolt is connected to the hammer and supposedly recocks the gun?

I will get broken down pictures in a few days but the valve was not what I thought it would be, I was expecting something closer to a mag.

Here is a scan from the September 1992 issue of Paintball Games International. Don't think the valve shown in the pictures is real or maybe it's the second version.

I am soooo happy to add this gun to my collection.
Enjoy! And thanks to Mike for the trouble he went through to get these!
-Dan

Last edited by bacci paintball; 08-24-2012 at 03:37 AM.
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Great looking marker, Dan. Nice score indeed!

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?