mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   What Is It? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/what/)
-   -   What are these? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/what/211517-what-these.html)

Nixon_b23 08-21-2012 05:08 PM

What are these?

So i bought these guns at a garage sale for $25 and don't know exactly what they are. All they say is Titan semi auto. They have an inline bolt system. They remind me of Tippmann's system, but older. Anything you can tell me about them is helpful, especially age. will post pics in a few.

Nixon_b23 08-21-2012 05:11 PM

I'm new to this site. How do I post pics directly? I have them on computer.

jerryjjackson69 08-21-2012 05:17 PM

This is by chance?:

VintageRex.com | Mokal Titan

Nixon_b23 08-21-2012 05:27 PM

Kinda, but mine have gas thru foregrips and bottomlines. also one has a hellacious on/off dropforward, macro line, and wierd sight/scope thing. That's why I wanna post a pic. That and I love showing off my markers :p

Nixon_b23 08-21-2012 06:30 PM

so i searched pbreview and they're mokal titan t3's the pics on vintagerex were of the titan. They are all the exact same gun, but the t2 has just a hose, and the t3's like mine have a foregrip.

Nixon_b23 08-22-2012 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got a pic up! Had to get over the five post thing before I could upload. Anywho these are they. The top one has a clamp on barrel rail. Other than that it is stock. The bottom one has the aforementioned dropforward, macro, and sight. The on/off on the drop sux but it gives the gun a tight snap so I'm gonna keep it. It also has hogue grips and the original ones that came with it. The only thing that I don't like is the sight. It says Armson paintball. I researched it a little, and It's a 70 dollar sight, but all I see is black and a little red dot. Is it broken, or am I just doing it wrong? I would also like to get a new barrel. Cocker threads are the only thing that fit, but they don't seat properly. Also does anyone know how old these things are? Thanks in advance.

Nixon_b23 08-22-2012 02:21 PM

Oh, I almost forgot! They came with 2 old hoppers. One is a PMI with a rubber lid, and the other is an Indian Springs Maxi Loader.

Robertsr 08-22-2012 05:06 PM

Mokal Titans were built in early 00's I think. Canadian company... We didn't see many down here, but those that had them that I've met equated them to Tippmanns... Not really sexy, but good solid performers.

I think that the barrel threads are proprietary. You may have some fun tracking any replacements down. The company is still in business however, so you should be able to get some support from them.

The Armson sight is a OEG sight. It's made to be used with both eyes open. You keep both eyes open when you look through it with your dominant eye, and your brain superimposes the dot on your target. It takes a bit to get used to, but it works. The cool thing is that it doesn't matter if the front of the sight is blocked, so you can put them on centerfeeds and whatnot where a normal red dot would be useless. They also don't require any batteries. If you end up selling it, you will likely be able to get around $40.00 for it.

capitalpaintball 08-22-2012 05:27 PM

Autococker barrels will thread in, but will leave a visible gap between the body and the larger part of the barrel, its fine and wont hurt anything. what you need to make sure is, the bolt enters the barrel when firing so no tight bore barrels. Cocker barrels with a bevel work best like Armson.
just remove the bolt and make sure half of it slides freely into the barrel.

Nixon_b23 08-22-2012 05:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that sight! I was gonna sell it for some extra scratch but it's amazing! I've never seen a sight like this before and I've been fascinated with guns and accessories of all types since I was little, so it's rare for me to find a sight that I haven't encountered.

As for them not being sexy I think they are in their own right, and they're intimidatingly loud. I think one of them needs wood grips, and I want to put the other one into a wood stock. I'm kinda sad that they're from the early 00's tho, cuz they look older.

I also found out that there are no replacement barrels, and mokal never made barrels for it, but lapco actually makes an adapter for it to take spyder threads. Go figure... If I drop the one into a stock, I'll probably get a 20" J&J to throw on it.