mcarterbrown.com

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Weird Clippard rams, a solenoid, and a MAC Solenoid

Hey Guys,
I just bought a lot of "paintball parts" off ebay, and these made up the majority of the parts. Obviously not autococker rams, lol.

There are mostly some small one way, spring return rams, and one monster 2 way ram.

Also, an interesting looking clippard solenoid.

Also, a brass lpr of industrial design?

And finally, a MAC solenoid that looks like it goes to an intimidator, but is not a timmy noid.

I figured these might be for some sort of custom work, so this would be the place to ask what these are used for.

StraightPaint - Contact me if you need Autococker/Automag/Angel/Pump parts
waytoorandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I remember those types of clippard solenoids were used on the early e-cocker conversions made by nitroduck. (picture below)

So its possible that they were owned by someone with "paintball intentions". I have a box of assorted rams and solenoids somewhere that I've accumulated.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Square Mac noid looks like a rainmaker noid. So does that big old clipper ram. Are you trying to get rid of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

This was more of an info thread, but make an offer. Our shop, Danbury Action Sports, had been using ebay to sell a lot of our rare paintball stuff but it is getting increasingly more difficult to deal with them, so we might switch our business strategy to forums....

Either way, make an offer. Not sure if the solenoid is functional, but the ram definitely keeps a seal both directions, and will come with the extra shaft.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Could just be miscelaneous industrial parts someone assumed were for paintball. I once worked for a seed corn company, and the bagging machine used a pneumatic ram powered blade actuated by an electronic solenoid to cut the string used to sow the bags of product shut.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Yeah, I've also heard the solenoids in most modern markers were originally used to blow dirty/deformed rice off conveyor belts.

I was just thinking maybe these were for something totally cool that I didn't even know about yet.

I've never been inside a rainmaker so no idea if they are from that.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoorandom View Post
Yeah, I've also heard the solenoids in most modern markers were originally used to blow dirty/deformed rice off conveyor belts.
The majority of the noids on the market are "off the shelf" from the pneumatics industry.

When I was a kid, I worked at a factory that had shelves and shelves of electric solenoids, rams (clippard, bimba, pneumadyne, etc), qevs, regs, etc.

When I got bored, I'd waste my time imagining what I could build with all that crap.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?