mcarterbrown.com

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 08-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Woodsball for life.

What mask is in the picture?

I snagged this tiger shark BNIB a few weeks ago, and there was a hiccup in shipping, so i'll still be waiting another week for it. In the meantime what mask is in the pic? I think it looks sick. I'm a sucker for old school equipment, but i have only been playing paintball for around 6 years, so old is new to me. any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiger shark.JPG (119.0 KB, 210 views)
Nixon_b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

that's the .02$ BE mask that came in the kit with stingrays and talons. More dangerous to wear it than it was to run around with your fingers over your eyes IMHO....
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Woodsball for life.

Crap... I was hoping it'd be something better, but I figured as much. Oh well. Wall hanger it is... Thanks though.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon_b23 View Post
Crap... I was hoping it'd be something better, but I figured as much. Oh well. Wall hanger it is... Thanks though.

By woouulf at 2012-08-29

By woouulf at 2012-08-29

Ebay, camocow200 (625)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Woodsball for life.

Hah! Exactly! ^^^^
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
More dangerous to wear it than it was to run around with your fingers over your eyes IMHO....
It was probobly still ASTM certified? Especially after all the hoopla that Brass Eagle went through over the bubble-mask that had to be recalled because it didn't have ASTM certification. So, probobly safe? Granted, uncomfortable, ugly, and likely scratched to heck.

The only paintball mask that really did seem unsafe to me was the PMI Goggs Helmet from the early 90s.

They were hugely popular, but lense failuers became so common that PMI started shipping them with a warning stating that users should wear protective eyewear UNDER the Goggs Helmet! APG magazine refused to show any pictures of players wear the mask.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
It was probobly still ASTM certified? Especially after all the hoopla that Brass Eagle went through over the bubble-mask that had to be recalled because it didn't have ASTM certification. So, probobly safe? Granted, uncomfortable, ugly, and likely scratched to heck.

The only paintball mask that really did seem unsafe to me was the PMI Goggs Helmet from the early 90s.

They were hugely popular, but lense failures became so common that PMI started shipping them with a warning stating that users should wear protective eyewear UNDER the Goggs Helmet! APG magazine refused to show any pictures of players wear the mask.
Undoubtedly the lens is rated. It would have had to been to be sold so much in walmart and the like back in the early 2000's. However I recall wearing one of those mask and having it fall off my face when the strap came from together... the day after I bought it in a talon kit. I also had one come from together when I got shot in the face. The goggles slipped right off my head when the mask disassembled itself from the lens frame.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?