mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Dang, there are a lot of choices! Well at this point, I have no clue what I'm going to get him, I've got a feeling he'll like an autococker most because he is very picky about being able to out shoot people in terms of ROF, but I think he may like the micromag since anything with mag(num is optional) in it is auto cool for him lol
gijoey959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoey959 View Post
Dang, there are a lot of choices! Well at this point, I have no clue what I'm going to get him, I've got a feeling he'll like an autococker most because he is very picky about being able to out shoot people in terms of ROF, but I think he may like the micromag since anything with mag(num is optional) in it is auto cool for him lol
If you are wanting high rate of fire then you really want to go with an automag with an x valve and a high output tank. You can get them up in the 20+ BPS range without problems or electronics.

X-valved mag. Rocking the RT. - YouTube

34.5 bps automag - YouTube
wetwrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
If you are wanting high rate of fire then you really want to go with an automag with an x valve and a high output tank. You can get them up in the 20+ BPS range without problems or electronics.

X-valved mag. Rocking the RT. - YouTube

34.5 bps automag - YouTube
Only problem is the x-valve was not released until much later than 1995.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Get him a Automag.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
pump snob

I'm thinking minimag, revvy and the obligatory smart parts items..
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a mag of some sort, I kinda showed him a picture of one pretending like I was interested (though I was, I love classic guns :P) and he thought it was really cool

What are the obligatory smart parts items? They aren't around any more, so I can't really go to, say ansgear, and just look them up. I'm not very deep into the older gun world, mainly because since I started paintballing about a year ago, I've been primarily focused on electros, so I need a bit more help than usual :P
Old 09-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

My mini mag had a Smart Parts splashed all American barrel, smart parts wood grips. That was all for SP stuff. They had a black box mod that did nothing really, but I don't think that was released by 1995.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
SCENARIO AND WOODSBALL

Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud

Find him a good TIPPY proam prolite etc. from that era and they still are wicked to shoot. ive got a proam i rescued from an out of business field who still had them as rentals! lol that tells you how tough they are i guess. its got a thunderpiggy barrel and is still dreaded on our fields lol also the cockers of that day are still wicked too you can find plenty of "ups" especially on here for them if you got a stock cocker. honestly i have two pre2k's as pumps and still have a bonestock pre with all pnues etc in really good shape and it still rocks. The mags are definitely easier to take care of though as theyre just a reg with a trigger lol and they are really nice to shoot. The F2 illustrator was out in that year and is really a pretty good marker. Any of these you find should be pretty affordable especially buying off this forum. check out some of these sweet mags for sale on here and the cockers also.

ITS MATTS FAULT
EVEN IF ITS NOT BLAME HIM ANYWAY

blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Haha, will all this mech research, I've abandoned my quest for an Angel A1 and I'm after a micromag :P I've been infected, plus hopefully it'll show my brother that semi auto is not the enemy
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i think i had a brass eagle raptor at the time, its hard to remember
zigenscarface is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?