mcarterbrown.com
 

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Paintballer50505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

Need any info I can get on this patriot (not a daystate)

Hello im new here and this is the first time ive actually posted anything but I have kind of a thing for old guns and I got this one for cheap




I checked vintage rex and I realize that its a patriot by ultra sport arms and that the foregrip was definitly an aftermarket thing i think. but the description is sketchy and doesnt say what year its made. it operates like a spyder (obviously) but has a few different things about it which are pretty cool to me. The barrel isnt removable like said on vintage rex, but the gun has a delrin bolt, and the spring is behind the bolt rather then the hammer, and it has a big foam bumper on the back of the hammer which surprisingly does help the kick a bit when i fixed it and aired it up. I think its a cool little gun to go in my collection but I would love to get some info on it. Thanks

(sorry for the small pics ill get better pictures later with some internals if anyone is curious)
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ballistic Ben
 
thekreulens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Suisun City, CA

The foregrip looks like it came off of a Splatmaster rapide gator (the long barreled one).
thekreulens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amherst, Maynard, and Northampton Massachusetts.

Similar to a VM68... Stackedtube Spyder-like design, but not ENOUGH alike to be compatible... I've got 4 broken ones, and I've never bothered to fix'em.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder
 
pwpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
I checked vintage rex and I realize that its a patriot by ultra sport arms and that the foregrip was definitly an aftermarket thing i think. but the description is sketchy and doesnt say what year its made. it operates like a spyder (obviously) but has a few different things about it which are pretty cool to me. The barrel isnt removable like said on vintage rex, but the gun has a delrin bolt, and the spring is behind the bolt rather then the hammer, and it has a big foam bumper on the back of the hammer which surprisingly does help the kick a bit when i fixed it and aired it up. I think its a cool little gun to go in my collection but I would love to get some info on it. Thanks

(sorry for the small pics ill get better pictures later with some internals if anyone is curious)
First off welcome to MCB, hope you enjoy your stay. I have 2 Patriot IIs and both the barrels do unscrew. I bought the first one new in 1994 and it was when the 2's first came out. In fact it had the 1's back plugs the 2's had a one piece plug in stead of 2 plugs. The for grip you have is an add on piece. Here is a pic of the stock one.

This is the one I bought in 94 and it is S/N 292. Hope this helps.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
I am not a gun whore, I am a gun HOARDER
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Paintballer50505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

wow your right the barrel does unscrew but it was just on incredibly tight. u know now i think this may be a patriot 2 because it does have a single back piece not 2 seperate ones. but the trigger frame says patriot on it. and that grip under the barrel is it removable to or is it like glued on because I see no marks on this gun where it was ripped off. my serial number is jd00441 if that means anything. thanks for the help and the quick posts. this is really a nicely designed blowback after I ripped it all apart and seen how it was set up exactly and considering how old it is this is definitly a thought out gun except for maybe the valve (the porting is so small) but i guess with co2 (did it use siphoned or unsiphoned? I love the ball detent, the way the sear connects to the spring, the quick pull pin out the top for field striping (if only they made it so the bolt and hammer can slip out easily) the bumper behind the hammer is a neat idea as well, and the fact that the top and bottom tube connect and make an 8 instead of having 2 different tubes that makes the gun taller, and the integrated bottomline molded in is really nice. I am definitly gonna use this at the field for a few games just to do it.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder
 
pwpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Yes it is definitely a 2 the other one I have is S/N is JD00452. Have fun with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
I am not a gun whore, I am a gun HOARDER
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
won't look at the camera
 
Chappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Secretly policing you...

Fan of EMR
At spring Castle, while perusing the Museum, I was speaking with the fellow from Allen paintball products and we happened to walk buy a Partriot II. He points and says "Hey, I made that gun, it wass a piece of Junk." He relayed a story of the fellow from J&J calling him up and asking if he wanted to build a gun. Guess the guy from J&J supplied the design, and the APP fellow built it.
A teamate of mine from the early ninety's had one, and it broke down on him alot.

Anyway, you might be able to contact APP and get some info on the ole' beast.
__________________

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.


My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Paintballer50505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

lol thanks man i may give them a call but i think i have all the info i need. idk if its junk just seems like any other blowback. but im not gonna use it as a competition gun so it really doesnt matter to me how it shoots just something to put on the book shelf
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
won't look at the camera
 
Chappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Secretly policing you...

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
idk if its junk just seems like any other blowback. but im not gonna use it as a competition gun so it really doesnt matter to me how it shoots just something to put on the book shelf
Oh I'm with you man, I dunno about "junk" either, just thought it was an amusing story that I certailny wasn't expecting to hear at the time. Definitely brought a smile to my face, especially since I knew someone who had one. I'd pickone up myself if the deal was right.
__________________

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.


My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: May 2006

Question Where to find more patriots and parts

LOL
We use these patriots as rentals - lol. They can be quite problematic, but they are so much fun to shoot.

My question is, where can I find more patriots? I need parts such as trigger and sear springs and some grip assemblies.

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC