mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Calling all Cocker experts! Need help with id

So i went to a yard sale not to long ago and found this beautiful WGP cocker.
It came with a big box of parts and what not. Now the information i got from the owners father was he purchased this gun at the 2001 world cup in Florida. He told me that when they went to the table this gun was not for sale. But after they were about to go home the passed the table one more time and someone sold him the gun. Now i have looked and looked and can not find the Tri fade for an STO anywhere. I do have some questions. I have posted in other forums and someone has sent me here. So first off this box came with a bob long millennium
that has an black magic reg on it, also the cocking rod on the gun is a black magic, i also know that it has KAPP parts on it. But for all the KAPP stuff on it i have all the original parts for. I do know that this fade was popular with the Black magic, but the frame is a STO. Someone said that this could be the last one produced and maybe even a black magic prototype. The father said that this gun was on a stand and was the only one like it on the table. Any help in the mystery would be great.
Thank you
Tyler D Jacobs

Delawarepballer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The body itself is a WGP STO in a custom fade ano, including custom "summer" series jewel. The front pneumatics looks like standard sledgehammer LPR and STO ram and 3 way, but it's missing the standard Ergo HPR, which has been replaced by a KAPP(?) gasthru grip instead. The frame is a standard WGP hinge, but the trigger has been changed out for a system X blade. The back block is not stock and looks like a KAPP P-block and the beavertail looks like a Shocktech spyglass style. Cocking rod is KAPP twisted style (not BM) and not sure about the bolt (Belsales?) w/ cool designer bolt pin.

WGP produced a number of custom ano'd STO body kits near the end of their run, and while a neat piece, it's missing a lot of the original parts and not super collectible.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice like i said i have all the original parts beside the reg.
Delawarepballer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

I may be wrong, but I swear i've seen the rwb trifade on this year STO before.
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?