mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

well according to this link,
it looks like an Assassinator kit on a nelspot 007 or a complete body, was the barrel removable?
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

ok the only that was add to the gun is where he made able to use thermal tank whole gun in all is one thing. only thing that that is not is where he add line to use a thermal tank. now it use 9 oz tank that is not a thermal tank its all steel too by the way. thanks for the help all. thought i would share a rare paintgun with this board.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

well not to nitpick, but if its all steel, how come the tip is different shade of black than the rest of the marker?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

could be that last time i had looked at told them to clean up barrel only. from what can recall they did not clean back of it. i will check on weds to see if barrel can come off i thought it did not.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

If the body is steel, it is without a queston a hacked 007 with barrel extension. It was quite common to buy a 007 mail order and then gradualy purchase upgrades for it. Basicly what you ended up with is a parts gun when you were done, however considering that one could go from 12s and tens to thermos and 40 round ammo boxes it was a considerable advantage back then. Not rare at all, but if it shoots good then keep it, If not shove some lapco guts in there and tune the thing
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

i love the gun shoots good but have to check the speed of gun at start of every game. make hard to use all day long since have to take frame off to change spring i will not sell this thing at all. unless i am out of sport.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

ok took gun apart and the barrel is can me remove. so what you guys are saying is help out. thanks for the help and keep up good work on help people know what their guns are
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Is english your second language? Having a bit of trouble reading your posts. From what I gather, your barrel tip is removable, correct? If so your gun is most definitly a hacked Nelspot. You shouldnt have to constantly change springs, your velocity should stay somwhat constant. A nice set of guts will do wonders for any old nelson. Get a lapco antikink adjustable bolt and fluted hammer. throw in a yellow main sprng and a red valve spring (I might have that backwards, as I never can remember which color is where without looking at my notes) You should get around 50 shots of a 12 gram. For running CA, I would suggest installing a palmers regulator, however thats just becuase I like to run a reg on anything not running 12s, reguardless if it needs it.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

well the only thing is that if it is indeed an hacked nelspot, shouldnt there be indentations where the spotwelds were that held the top tube on? im still saying this looks more like the assassinator 1 or 2 kit or complete marker, judging from the thermal tank holder/L stock, bottomline valve body, removable barrel, large pump, and the steel body, im not sure if the original Assassinator kit had a steel body like a nelspot, or if it was all aluminum. the ad didnt say if it was all aluminum, just all metal O.o and the ad also shows nelspot type grips as well, so its a possibility
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

for some reason when i go check speed during summer it get hot and some time will be little of what field wants. i love the gun and still pay with it. it just that pain to have to have speed check at start of every new game at that field. its big open/woods ball field make fun play their. it not worth time to have to check speed every new game so play with for 2 to 3 games since summers of fl can get hot and humid too. sorry can't spell or i can't comprehend good since have learning disability. hard for me comprehend put things in good writing

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?