mcarterbrown.com  

WTB Want to Buy!! The object you desire may just be a post away. Just ask!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

WTB max-flow hp reg

Basically I have a Smart Parts Spyder that matches a Smart Mag. I have an ASA threaded Gadget Grip, but I want this to be a quality Spyder. Yes, I know that is a contradiction. But that is why we are all here on MCB, right?

So I am looking for a Max flow of any generation that allows me to use any tank I want and works in a 300-700 psi range. I could even run one side-saddle off an standard on-off ASA/drop. Must not leak or have major damage.

Last edited by pghp8ntballer; 08-04-2014 at 09:21 PM.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I just found mine the other day. It's the super old school one with the reverse threading and on/off on the tank. If you are I interested I will have to see if I can find the tank. The tank is probably useless but the on/off valve is necessary for it
Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have an inline manifold I'm not using if you're interested. Only lacks gauges, but I'll let it go for cheap. If you're just looking for an adjustable reg, I also have a Flatline that's collecting dust. Have the drop adapter as well as the rail adapter. I can get pics if you're interested.
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Still looking, must be a stand alone vertical reg or one that allows any tank to screw into it! Also high pressure output
Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

You're not going to find many vertical-reg Max Flows (as in, the old bulky kind but with male ASA threads on the end, so that it can be screwed into a common vertical adapter.)

SP made some of these, but that was towards the end of the life of the "shoebox" Shockers- and once the "new style" Shockers came out, they had the matching new-style Max Flow inline regulators.

They're out there- I actually have one - but they were only in production for a short while, and weren't very popular due to their size.

As for the old-style Max Flows, with a couple of exceptions, basically any Max is, or can be, a "high pressure" reg. Assuming the original "long cap" styles, as I recall the only difference was the big spring under that cap. Apart from that, it was just a question of which manifold you used.

"High pressure" manifolds had left-hand threads, and took an SP left-handed on-off valve on a 3K 68 psi tank. "Low pressure" manifolds had standard right-hand ASA threads, and took a normal CO2 tank.

There are, of course, later models that had male tanks threads, to which you screwed the bare HPA tank directly.

What, exactly, are you looking for? Something like this?

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Basically I have a Smart Parts Spyder that matches a Smart Mag. I have an ASA threaded Gadget Grip, but I want this to be a quality Spyder. Yes, I know that is a contradiction. But that is why we are all here on MCB, right?

So I am looking for a Max flow of any generation that allows me to use any tank I want and works in a 300-700 psi range. I could even run one side-saddle off an standard on-off ASA/drop. I will repost this in the original thread post.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Still not 100% sure what you're after. Almost all Maxes from back then are bottomline/manifold mount, and the majority of them take standard CO2 thread tanks.

I dug through my box and I have these three Max Flows:

The lower left one is roughly the newest- that's pretty much what you'd have gotten with the last year or so of 'shoebox' Shocker and Impulse production.

The lower left one was the most common. There's a few minor variations, such as some manifolds having a tapered mounting tongue, which angled the tank downward a bit (as per my Sov photo above) but that's the general layout you got with virtually all Shockers from... I'm gonna guess around 1998 to 2003.

The center one is simply a somewhat later reg on an earlier manifold.

The two later regs should do around 150 to 400 psi, generally speaking. The long-cap one probably does 150 to 300 psi, though the brass overpressure vent at the bottom probably blows at 200 (which SP did to protect the already-overpressured Shocker 'noids.)

You could get springs for either style to boost that to 300-800 psi. Only way to tell if any of these have it would be to hook it up and test it.

And all manifolds take standard CO2 tank or screw-in HPA tank threads.

If any of them work for you, how's $50, cleaned, regreased and tested, for whichever one you want?

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

I dont want one that takes the left hand threaded bottles... Correction, if I have the left handed valve, maybe.

I bet I would have trouble tracking down a high pressure spring, and trouble hitting below 400 psi on spyder, without higher end costly parts. Although there is always hope.

Couldn't the reg portion of the manifolds be taken out, and a 1/8 npt male to male fitting be used in place of the manifold-reg nipple to run the reg off of a standard ASA like a Palmers Sideline Stabilizer?

Last edited by pghp8ntballer; 08-07-2014 at 06:44 AM.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Anyone?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Are you looking for a micro maxflo? Like these?

Smart Parts Micro-Maxflo Reg 3000psi, 800psi (high)output
Smart Parts Micro-Maxflo Reg 3000psi, 450psi (low)output
Smart Parts Micro-Maxflo Reg 4500psi, 800psi (high)output

If so let me know.

I can take better pictures. This is just pulled from my facebook page where I am trying to get rid of some gear locally. The three in the boxes are new, which I listed their specs. There are also two on the two bottom left tanks - the Dye throttle and Pure Energy tanks.
jegs_ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » WTB