mcarterbrown.com  

WTB Want to Buy!! The object you desire may just be a post away. Just ask!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ellis

Heh, yeah, thanks for the welcome. In the more interest for MCB rather than personal gain, I don't want to take advantage, I guess, of the members, so I won't be buying more masks. What I will do is make a post about how much these things are worth if you (bite the bullet and) go on pbn.

Photography is nice.

Videography is nice.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

PBN is not capable of shooting bullets IMHO, flinging poo is more like it.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Ray View Post
PBN is not capable of shooting bullets IMHO, flinging poo is more like it.
But changing the expression to bite the poo would just be... bad

Photography is nice.

Videography is nice.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

^True
Heres my thing on this subject of straps. In its current state, collecting straps is a fad, not to say that some arent seriously into it, but as a whole its just a fad at this point. I am 100 percent posistive that one day straps/plugs/ect will be collectable, but that day is a ways off yet. Granted if two people are interested in something then technicly its collectable. Then there is the whole "value" of things, IIRC (i dont frequent PBN) when I last read the arcticle over there the member who wrote it was banned. Also Ive seen/heard of big lots of straps for sale, there was even one mentioned in this tread. While that price guide may have reflected what things were going for at the start of this fad, it IMHO in no way acuratley represents the market. I also have doubts as to why the collecting staps boom started, was it for real, or just for the personal gain of a few (monitarly or popularity, ect) With the exception of Carter's Blue Book, I have yet to see a real honest attemt at tracking the market on old paintball items. Plus its an easy assumtion for someone who is "out of the loop" as it were to put up a gun on ebay as collectable, the mask is often thrown away (which will only boost the collectablity in the future) My point is this, stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it, posting that guide, if in fact its the "guide" Im thinking of, is not realy valad. In fact your likely to get better deals on straps without referancing a guide, as few people here hold there value to be as high as the guide states. IF any of that makes sense to anyone,
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » WTB