mcarterbrown.com  

The Yard Sale If it is non-paintball related, then you should drop her off at our Yard Sale. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else might not want it.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

1.8ghz P4-M, 512mb, 20gb Laptops

Well, I finally stopped putting this off and started on this pile. Today I have the first one ready to go. The specs are as follows.
-----------------------------------------------
this is a stock image
Micron Transport T1000
Pentium 4 Mobile 1.8ghz processor
512mb PC2100 DDR
20GB hard drive
14.1 inch screen, 1024x768 resolution
32mb ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, M7
Integrated NIC and 56k modem
Fingerprint scanner security system. Security software installed.
Removable CDROM
2x USB ports on back, VGA, serial, parallel, svideo and firewire. Headphone and mic ouputs on side. Given a lack of hardware I cannot test the firewire, svideo, parallel and serial ports, I nothing that uses them, I assume they are in working order.
Has internal MINI-PCI slot with antennas, will support internal wireless cards

Windows 2000 SP4 with all drivers and all updates as of 02/27/07
Media Player 9.0
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2

Condition: No visible cracks or chips, some minor wear including scratches. No obvious dead pixels on the screen, I can't find any. Letters worn off keyboard, I will replace that with a nicer one.

Includes: AC adapter and battery. No warranty on battery but it does seem to hold a charge. I'm trying to calibrate it now and its taking forever, which is a good thing.

I would like to start this at $400 shipped, but the price is OBO so give me your offers. Guaranteed not DOA. Money back in 14 days MINUS shipping. If you have a problem with the laptop we can probably work something out after that. Abuse, dropping, spilling and general foolishness voids any possible refund/repair(lol, I have stories about this from my old job...). User installed software is not covered, I can only help you with the stuff I know and I think thats reasonable. I can probably located a laptop bag, used but still good from a local guy if you want, I can probably toss it in cheap depending on what I find. I think I can get one of the dell laptop backpacks and there are many of the regular types available.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I was going to install more software but everyone has a different use for their computers so I left off there and the rest is optional. I have this software and can install it for free, I just don't want to put software on that you don't want:

OpenOffice.org, this is a MS Office type suite, for the most part its as good as MSO 2k3 Professional and includes a database, spreadsheet, powerpoint type program and of course a full featured word processor, this is what I use myself.

I can include AVG FREE, quite possibly the best anti-virus for the money(free) and its definitely better than Norton, it doesn't eat up resources and doesn't make take over your machine. I use this and recommend it to everyone I know. Ask me about this one.

I also have a pile of other free software that includes compression/decompression software, a photoshop type program(GIMP), ftp client, etc. If you need something I probably have it or can get it.

I generally avoid software piracy so everything listed above is FREE software (firefox, openoffice, ftp, gimp) or under a free under certain conditions type software (like avg)

-----------------------------------------------
TRADES:

Depending on value and what we can agree on, you may add or I may add, keep that in mind if you are interested in trading.

- KP(2, 3, df, sc don't care much, want kp2sc most though), must be in good mechanical shape, cosmetics come second.
- ULE mag, p-mag, rt-pro mag, minimag + cash or other items. Interested in mags of most types, just not the classic body.
- Ghosts, spirits, customs and other really nice pumps.
- 68/45 or larger n2 tank and halo/dxs type hoppers and definitely some cash, needs a few years left on the hydro.
- Some electros like Angels or e2 cockers.
- REALLY nice mech cockers
- Rare/cool items

Non paintball stuff

- NIB or close NINTENDO WII.
- Amd Athlon 64 3700+ socket 754, NOT socket 939 + $$
- 8x AGP video cards, GF 7800 or better, ATI 1950 or better, I checked prices on these new, they are around $200 so expect to add $$
- Complete socket 939 Athlon pc, proc minimum 3500, pm me specs if your interested in this, we can possibly work something out. Need a gaming pc for my girl.
- Nice digital camera, 5mp minimum, really want a super zoom.
- Long shot on this forum, but a Toyota 7m-GE complete and good running engine so I can fix my Supra. If you wanna offer a 7M-GTE I would need the parts for the conversion. Need to be Philadelphia PA area, shipping on an engine block would suck. If your serious about this I can add.
Finished before you can commit a crime

Last edited by DarkNinja; 03-16-2007 at 03:32 PM.
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

dv8 for the laptop?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

DV8 seems interesting but for now I will have to pass, it hadn't even come to mind. I would love to play with one but for now I really would like cash or a car(that engine would be spectacular, I love my car), but the items I could get my girl to not kill me for are listed because I have talked about them a bit.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

CCM S5 perfect condition

even trade??
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearush View Post
Thank you for your offer but right now I will have to pass. I am(hopefully) working on a trade right now, if that changes you will have a pm. I like the series 5's and 6's but there are a few older things that have caught my interest and would like one of them a bit more. That and if its not "a collectors piece" my girlfriend may just kick my ***. Apparently she thinks 15(probably 12 working) markers is way more than enough, I don't dare tell her shes wrong right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pseudo-Agg

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

You have PM bud.

Me
99GenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GenX View Post
You have PM bud.
Your good, its boxed up and I'm waiting to get your response. Thank you.

Laptop 1 is pending, I will be updating this in the morning but I got the one with the broken case fixed and found another one. I have another one that may be on its way out but may get another one in just as fast.

I should have a Dell C400, p3 1ghz, 512mb ram, 20gb hd, and full copy of XP with cd. This is a small laptop, 12" screen and probably less than 1" thick. My friends supposed to be trading it back in for something else.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » The Yard Sale