mcarterbrown.com  

The Yard Sale If it is non-paintball related, then you should drop her off at our Yard Sale. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else might not want it.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
I am a Jackass

Send a message via AIM to 720datsun

The Honda CA100 Stepthrough is pretty cool. My wife would love it. She has been bugging me to find her a retro looking scooter or moped.

PbNation feedback
Ebay feedback
Ao feedback
720datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720datsun View Post
The Honda CA100 Stepthrough is pretty cool. My wife would love it. She has been bugging me to find her a retro looking scooter or moped.
Thank you.

Mine might not be the best since it is an older model and probably better to a collector - and since it is already listed on ebay

If you do like it and think she would as well, I will give you a hint. In the late 70's and early 80's, honda made a similar motorcycle that was 70cc's. The 49cc that I have is cool but unpractical as the fastest I've gotten her is only 35mph. Only good for around back roads or really small towns. The newer veraion I am talking about was called the "Passport". If you get a chance to try one out please do! They are fun bikes and the newer ones are tuned better and safer. For instance, they came with turn signals from factory .

In fact, I have the Honda ID book right next to me and let me see what it says about the Passport...pause...apparentley the "C70 Passport" was made from '80 to '83. There was an older model in the early 70's that had a similar engine but was not the Passport. Look them up on google - they are pretty neat. Later ones came with baskets and stuff from the factory.

Of course there are many other bikes than that. I just happen to have some knowledge on the old Hondas. The only reason I would say to go with a Honda stepthrough is because they literally made MILLIONS of them so parts and knowledge should not come short anytime soon. I would not doubt that there are a handful of our own members who have owned one in the past.

Hope I could help;
III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

a friend of mine had an '80 model Passport that was 75cc's and he got away with not tagging it. he drove it everyday too. the Passport is a great little bike. it has a 3 speed manual transmission and an automatic clutch. very easy to ride.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
a friend of mine had an '80 model Passport that was 75cc's and he got away with not tagging it. he drove it everyday too. the Passport is a great little bike. it has a 3 speed manual transmission and an automatic clutch. very easy to ride.
...and electric start as well I beleive. F.Y.I., the 3 speed automatic clutch is in fact very easy - thats what mine is. Just no electric start.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
I am a Jackass

Send a message via AIM to 720datsun

I had 2 Honda ch80 elite scooters, But she didnt like the way they looked. She thought they were to insect looking. Ideally she wants a Vespa but they are too expensive. Anyone know if the China scooters that are around now are any good? I would like to find a 4 stroke automatic of some sort.

PbNation feedback
Ebay feedback
Ao feedback
720datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

personally, i'd stay away from the China stuff. like anything, you get what you pay for... buy Japanese...

i have 2 Elite 80cc scooters. an '87 and '89 model. nice scooters.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well everyone wish me luck. I'm about to leave to start driving the 2 hours to go see this baby (and her owner). With any luck I may be back later selling my Duckslide for cheap as a down payment....

III

P.S...did I really just say that?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

good luck!!!

give us an update after you see it in person.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well I went to see it today.

WOW

I will be listing somthing very soon to get myself together a down payment till I sell my other bikes.

I took her around the town and let me tell you...really somthing.

I talked with the seller extensivley and came to a deal. I'm going to (hopefully) have a down payment for him by this weekend.

III
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

how much of the bike is original?

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » The Yard Sale